Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

moorey

call me Mia
Roger Glover, then recently ex-Deep Purple, composed Butterfly Ball... Ronnie James Dio was a fairly prominent singer in it, so I sez Dio.
Was indeed Ronnie. I think this unwittingly led me to my love of metal, many years later. Reckon I first heard it mid-late 70’s when we still only had b/w tv and the one channel.

Still an absolute cracker of a vocal performance.

Ok boomer.

Duck Duck go

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If I worded my answer differently I probably could have milked out at least two other questions.... Oh well.

Related... Despite being fired from Deep Purple by Ritchie Blackmore in 1973, Roger Glover was invited, possibly as some sort of apology, by the same Blackmore to join which post/intermediary Purple band, which at times also included R J Dio and current DP keyboard whizz Don Airey?

moorey

call me Mia
If I worded my answer differently I probably could have milked out at least two other questions.... Oh well.

Related... Despite being fired from Deep Purple by Ritchie Blackmore in 1973, Roger Glover was invited, possibly as some sort of apology, by the same Blackmore to join which post/intermediary Purple band, which at times also included R J Dio and current DP keyboard whizz Don Airey?
I wanna say Rainbow, but seems too obvious. Or Elf?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Alrighty.
Let’s get this thing rolling again. I’ve got a lot of sitting around to do today.

Where was the fabled pirate colony of Libertalia thought to be located?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Africa I guess but where...
Under the horn, otherside, bottom? I recall there was a hotel named Libertalia but could be confused with Liberia. And that is too obvious.

Hmmm.

Needs to be near the trade route, would love to say Swaziland ( mate is a Swazi, could have been him) but that has a logistical issue. Mozambique?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Africa I guess but where...
Under the horn, otherside, bottom? I recall there was a hotel named Libertalia but could be confused with Liberia. And that is too obvious.

Hmmm.

Needs to be near the trade route, would love to say Swaziland ( mate is a Swazi, could have been him) but that has a logistical issue. Mozambique?
Sooo very close. Swaziland (or Eswatini as it’s called now) is landlocked though so no good for hardy seafarers. Mozambique is another good contender but sadly wrong.

Clue: They devoted a whole Grand Tour special to finding this place

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sooo very close. Swaziland (or Eswatini as it’s called now) is landlocked though so no good for hardy seafarers. Mozambique is another good contender but sadly wrong.

Clue: They devoted a whole Grand Tour special to finding this place
Hence the logistical issue. Mate's father assisted the king to buy and sail a royal yacht back in the last century. He had some classic stories about the Swazi navy!