Propain Spindrift

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So nice! Enjoy Matty
One of these followed my mate home from Germany recently. Love the way the shock linkage works.
The rear end is definitely very nice... I was a bit shocked first run with guesstimate spring rates and settings as to how well it ate up everything. It's not the coil as I had it on the Meta for a while too but couldn't get it to play nice and ended up with the airshock on there.
Tempted to try the air shock on this too, more for curiosities sake as it's pretty darn nice as is.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
A few rides in now and things are good, haven't had to do too much fine tuning as it was pretty good on the first ride.
Now sporting a DVO Topaz Gen3 air shock, which I think I like better than the RS coil shock. Could just be the ease of tunability, not sure, maybe I'm just an air shock guy.
Also has the added benefit of being half a kilo lighter, which brings the bike down to a slender 16.2kg
PSX_20231112_131755.jpg

PSX_20231112_132031.jpg

Mattyp

Cows go boing
The linkage is what drew me to the bike originally, even back in 2017 when it was on the wrong side of the seatpost...who in their right mind puts a shock there...but I liked it the idea.
PSX_20231112_174053.jpg
Fast forward a few years and here we are. It pedals pretty well for a big bike doesn't bob too much, but also takes hits and goes thru chatter/braking bumps without feeling harsh, it actually feels a lot like an improved version of my old reign which is probably why I like it.
Also worked out that in the 4th hardest gear there is zero pedal kick back, which is great as the trails I ride the most are about that speed.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love this thing, very nice. I secretly want a Hugene but am not riding enough at the moment to justify the expense.

teK--

Eats Squid
The linkage is what drew me to the bike originally, even back in 2017 when it was on the wrong side of the seatpost...who in their right mind puts a shock there...but I liked it the idea.
View attachment 404393
Fast forward a few years and here we are. It pedals pretty well for a big bike doesn't bob too much, but also takes hits and goes thru chatter/braking bumps without feeling harsh, it actually feels a lot like an improved version of my old reign which is probably why I like it.
Also worked out that in the 4th hardest gear there is zero pedal kick back, which is great as the trails I ride the most are about that speed.
I thought that design looked familiar!!

Attachments