Chain - Shimano XTR
Pedals - DMR Vault Magnesium
Rear derailleur + Shifter - SRAM X01 analogue
Cassette - XT 12speed
Front wheel - 29" EX511, XTR hub, CX-ray spokes 32H
Rear wheel - 27.5" Ex511, Wheelworks Dial Pro hub, DT aerolite spokes 32H
Nipples - Yes
Tyres - Maxxis Assegai / Dissector
Total weight - Fat. 16.7kg as pictured, now less fat with DVO Air Shock @ 16.2kg

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Storytime.
Have had this frame sitting in a box since April, although I originally ordered it this time last year. Propain were having a mega sale and being the impulsive buyer I am I had to get it having already floated it as an option a year before that.
The intention was to transfer most bits off my trusty old Reign and take it to NZ with me. Unfortunately it was massively delayed, I spat the dummy, went to NZ, came back to no new bike , so bought the MetaSx Frame and have been riding that since...
The time had come to build it up. It's a bit of a hodge-podge of parts as some of this stuff has been on 3 frames now, but it all works and the bike runs great.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Looks awesome mate. I hope it lives up to your hopes after all this time.
To be honest it's more bike than I would have ever bought in the past, but figured the 125mm Optic will cover most general duties, and this can just be for the steeps and jank. If I didn't have good riding close enough to home I probably would not have got it.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
To be honest it's more bike than I would have ever bought in the past, but figured the 125mm Optic will cover most general duties, and this can just be for the steeps and jank. If I didn't have good riding close enough to home I probably would not have got it.
When I’m back in Oz I’ll have get in touch for an eatons mission!

teK--

Eats Squid
Damnnnn I love this

what has been your experience in acquiring this?

I heard of long/unpredicable lead times.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Cool to see this built up finally.

I'm curious, does the ETT feel short when climbing? Even with the saddle mounted central on the rails that seat tube looks near vertical... o_O

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Cool to see this built up finally.

I'm curious, does the ETT feel short when climbing? Even with the saddle mounted central on the rails that seat tube looks near vertical... o_O
Climbing position feels great...I haven't done any technical climbs, just grinding up fire roads to the top of trails. Everyone seems to comment that these bikes climb great which makes sense as it screams up-country.
Might just be an optical delusion though as its only 0.3 degree different seat tube angle to your Madonna, and the Angleset probably makes it pretty much the same.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Climbing position feels great...I haven't done any technical climbs, just grinding up fire roads to the top of trails. Everyone seems to comment that these bikes climb great which makes sense as it screams up-country.
Might just be an optical delusion though as its only 0.3 degree different seat tube angle to your Madonna, and the Angleset probably makes it pretty much the same.
Angleset set to slacken the head angle will actually steepen your STA. ;)