Post Your Roadie !

Yorto

Likes Dirt
I got some new shoes for my race bike - a bit heavier than the Zipps but much stiffer and aero

Hi guys, First post here :)
Nice Cannondale :)

Can't wait to get my CAAD9 6.
What year is yours ?

I am looking at a 09 model the grey in colour.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought both the frames in '07 and set one up with Dura Ace and the other with Ultegra/105 for training.

I'd love to get one of the new BB30 models - but I'd need to kill one of these first:D

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, i'm a triathlete, and farkin proud of it!

The racing roadie. Cervelo Soloist Carbon. The lack of pedals is due to me being in the market for a new pair. Most likely another set of Keo's.

The triathlon roadie. Cervelo R3SL. The Zipp's are swapped across.

Last edited:

alexb618

Likes Dirt
you seem to have a very short cockpit with a fairly high handlebar - i used to have a similar setup

then i stretched it out with a 20mm longer stem and normal setback post, lowered the bars and after a week of discomfort i am much much happier with the position especially on the longer rides in the hills

something to think about :)

looks good

a.davis12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you seem to have a very short cockpit with a fairly high handlebar - i used to have a similar setup

then i stretched it out with a 20mm longer stem and normal setback post, lowered the bars and after a week of discomfort i am much much happier with the position especially on the longer rides in the hills

something to think about :)

looks good
stem is usually lower. i was just rather stiff the day i rode it like that and my legs are too long to ride a bike with low handlebars comfortably when im stiff.
The stem does look a bit short, it's a 90mm thomson, but flipped so about 100mm. that is an interesting suggestion though. thankkks.

Buriedpast

Likes Bikes

Thats such a gorgeous frame davis.
Love it.

Here's my shitter. First roadie, absolute lowest spec possible of any commercially made parts pretty much. I eat through chains and cassettes like they're going out of fashion, it weighs a ton, doesnt brake, but at least the paint has a nice pearl in it and reflects purple/silver hues with varying light and solid white otherwise.

Now has rebuilt wheels as I kept snapping spokes on climbs and rubbing tire on fork/chainstay decending, decent tyres and is set up much more aggressivly now than in pic (seat 25mm higher, stem 30mm lower...obligatary reflectors removed from wheels :p)

Does the job I spose, and for the price I cant complain. Very cheap way to get down to 71-72kg's from 100 in 4 months, and its only major drawback is terrible groupset that cant shift under power well, and indexing isnt exactly precise regardless of how well its tuned.

Next roadie Cervelo S1 with most probably 6700 ultegra by that time. Want something much stiffer and that fits the bill.

Attachments

LJohn

Likes Dirt

Haven't posted for a while.

BMC SL01 with the regular ol kit.

Wheels I built with WI Ti front hub, revo spokes, aerohead rim. Rear was DA hub, Comp spokes, Aerohead rim. They came out very well for a light workhorse set of wheels. Ceramic bearings in the rear hub for a bit of a laugh.

Whole thing isn't very light, but the 105 crankset, Newton bar and BBB stem are weighing it down quite substantially. 7.5kg, which I'm very happy with.

At the time of posting this, this is the only bike I own. However within hours I will have new MTB that will blow my socks off (hopefully).

2007 BH Global Concepts 57cm
Campag Record
Campag Neutron Ultra's
Deda Newton deep bars
Ritchey 4 Axis 140mm stem (as long as they come)
San Marco Concor light saddle
Elite Patao cages
Keo Carbon paddles

Weight is around 7 to 7.2 (been a long time and many part changes since last weigh in)

P.S. Love the Ti

Attachments

Warwick

Likes Dirt
I only like road riding in warm weather, so it doesnt get used much.

The wheels I borrowed, but didnt like them. Has some excellent cheap-arse Ritcheys on it.

Attachments

alexb618

Likes Dirt
BH with dura ace and zipps etc
no idea of the weight
stem slammed for a TT but might leave it there, doesnt feel too bad

EzyLee

Likes Dirt

My first road bike, never thought I would get one until I saw this at the tip. Have ridden it a fair bit already. It is good to go out and clear the head on the country roads around Canberra when the trails will be too muddy.