Post your Roadie

floody

Wheel size expert

'96 Specialized M2 Pro. Theres a PYR thread somewhere. Got it from the tip shop, but needless to say apart from the lack of STI its better than the bargain basement Allez or Avanti Sprint I was thinking of snagging. Unbelievably stiff bike (so somewhat brutal ride, but thats fine with me).

floody

Wheel size expert
They're shithouse. But I'm not quite sure whether I'll be upgrading the crankset soon so they can stay for now.

floody

Wheel size expert
Lovely mix of modern and traditional.
Reminds me of my boss' 20 year old Vetta which rolls 11 speed Record.

Last edited:

craign

Likes Dirt
you're right Craign, in thinking i've switched to lighter wheels; though the total weight might be more, the outer rotational mass is less than the stock wheels. I built the Alfine and SON hubs onto Velocity Aerohead rims, using DT Aerolite Spokes and alloy nipples.

It's ended up as the quietest, smoothest road bike I've ever ridden :)

Mudguards and lightweight rack are still being thought about, maybe when I think more about a long audax ride....
I run the SKS fenders all the time. They are light enough when you are running the stock wheels. Been meaning to put a rack on, have an okay one lying around, but haven't felt the need yet.

Unfortunately my chain guard came to a sad demise. My foot got caught on it clipping out...

It is a very, very smooth and comfortable ride. Just don't look at the bottom bracket when you are stomping up a hill.

fletchog

Likes Dirt
What are the cranks? Pretty fly looking around the spider..
As C Dunlop said, they are the new Ultegra compact cranks 50/34. I got the shop to change the cassette from a 12/25 to a 11/23 and this seems to be working fine.

Is bit of a jump from the small to large rings, but i'm starting to get it sussed. Going from large to small is a bit troublesome, having to drop a few cogs to save spinning my tits off, again getting it sussed. other than that the chahges are smooth and fast.

Am loving being on a light fast bike, would thoroughly recommend this bike to anyone looking at around the $4k spend on a new bike.

Sir

Squid
As C Dunlop said, they are the new Ultegra compact cranks 50/34. I got the shop to change the cassette from a 12/25 to a 11/23 and this seems to be working fine.

Is bit of a jump from the small to large rings, but i'm starting to get it sussed. Going from large to small is a bit troublesome, having to drop a few cogs to save spinning my tits off, again getting it sussed. other than that the chahges are smooth and fast.

Am loving being on a light fast bike, would thoroughly recommend this bike to anyone looking at around the $4k spend on a new bike.
I think that Shimano changed the spacing of the chainrings on the new model and this would make the shifting a little off?

fletchog

Likes Dirt
I think that Shimano changed the spacing of the chainrings on the new model and this would make the shifting a little off?

Is not the shifting speed, shifts are solid anf quick, it is the wider spread of ratios, 16 teeth between sml and lge chainrings.

I would ideally like a 36t small ring, but i dont think shimano do one that will fit the compact bolt pattern. will search other manufacturers. A 36/50t would give me the same 14t jump as a 39/53

alexb618

Likes Dirt
i had a 38 on a compact a while ago, it was an fsa chainring from memory

inner ring on a double doesnt need shift ramps/pins so you can go custom pretty easily

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
My Christmas Present

Ibis Silk SL

749787427_7eNZg-M.jpg

Weight: No idea - lightish....
Fork : Easton EC90
Pedals : Crank Bros Quatro
Cranks : SRAM Force
Chain :SRAM 1090
Rear Cogs : SRAM Force 11-25
Front Derailleur : SRAM Force
Rear Derailleur : SRAM Force
Shifters :SRAM Force
Handlebar : Salsa Poco Short & Shallow
Stem :Ritchey WCS 4 axis 44
Headset :Cane Creek IS2
Brakeset :SRAM Force
Saddle :Ritchey Marathon WCS
Seatpost :Ritchey Carbon WCS
Cage : Chris King
Bartape :Salsa

New wheels still to come...

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My new frame after I was hit by a car a few weeks ago.
Sram Force Shifters and rear mech
105 cranks and front
Easton Vista wheels.