Post your Roadie

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You would be familiar then with the old Tinderbox loop?
Where that photo was taken..
I recognised it as being somewhere around margate snug etc... But not ridden down that way. I was only living there for 6 months and the Nh Sth track and Mt wellington kept me entertained :)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Ive got my roadie attached to a borrow smart trainer... Its the only riding ill be doing for the next couple of months.

PJO

in me vL comy
I recognised it as being somewhere around margate snug etc... But not ridden down that way. I was only living there for 6 months and the Nh Sth track and Mt wellington kept me entertained :)
Yep pretty close, it is looking down into the d'Entrecasteaux Channel, Bruny Island on the left and Northwest Bay (Margate/Snug) on the right.
A really nice and quiet road loop not far south of Blackman's Bay, includes about 5km of dirt road, which is a little sketch on the skinny tyres, but not too bad.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yep pretty close, it is looking down into the d'Entrecasteaux Channel, Bruny Island on the left and Northwest Bay (Margate/Snug) on the right.
A really nice and quiet road loop not far south of Blackman's Bay, includes about 5km of dirt road, which is a little sketch on the skinny tyres, but not too bad.
Nice. Id probably recognise it from the strava feed of someone I know who lives in Snug and commutes the antarctic division in Kingston...

I run 28mm tubeless on my roadie, its actually pretty decent on gravel!

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
Nice. Id probably recognise it from the strava feed of someone I know who lives in Snug and commutes the antarctic division in Kingston...

I run 28mm tubeless on my roadie, its actually pretty decent on gravel!
Yep, running 28mm tyres also, one of the reasons I changed to the Soma Smoothie frame was to get more clearance, plus I like the old school steel look.
Not doing the tubeless thing on roadie yet, haven't felt the need.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yep, running 28mm tyres also, one of the reasons I changed to the Soma Smoothie frame was to get more clearance, plus I like the old school steel look.
Not doing the tubeless thing on roadie yet, haven't felt the need.
Nice - this is my partner's Soma I built for her recently. Has a proper saddle and a few more tweaks since this photo - rides wonderfully smooth!

Road tubeless is fantastic, I'll never go back for all the same reasons I wouldnt on the mountain bike :) The carbon Defy with good tyre and proper brakes is great mile muncher. I love it.

ausdb

Being who he is
This is the vintage one

Tyres look a little sad

This is the good one but even its becoming vintage, as it's only 10 speed and rim brakes.
I must find a better picture of it as this looks crap and I know the photo is the wrong side of the bike

The rainy day winter road bike is behind the project, it needs to get sold to make space for the project.

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Have been doing some k's on the hard waiste roadie training for the Trans Tasmania.

I quickly realised that my illness re mountain bikes seamlessly transitions to road bikes.

To my surprise, the second hand road bike and parts market has completely missed the covid tax issues. I bought a frame and groupset and the rest was in the shed. The new Scapin with 11sp Campy Chorus owes me less than $1100. The hard waiste roadie will be passed on to a mate.

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have been doing some k's on the hard waiste roadie training for the Trans Tasmania.

I quickly realised that my illness re mountain bikes seamlessly transitions to road bikes.

To my surprise, the second hand road bike and parts market has completely missed the covid tax issues. I bought a frame and groupset and the rest was in the shed. The new Scapin with 11sp Campy Chorus owes me less than $1100. The hard waiste roadie will be passed on to a mate.
Looks great, especially for $1100.

I hope that mate is @moorey lol