Post your all mountain bike

mrbernie

Likes Bikes
Sexy, Mind if i ask how much the build cost?
Thanks - super stoked with it!
Build came to low 7's. Frame + fork was purchased from the LBS and the rest of the kit came from a combination of local and O/S shops.
Got lucky with a few awesome deals which really helped ease the pain a bit :)

Last edited:

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
Sounds promising. It's all these reports that scare me away from committing to any sort of dropper!
You will always read horror stories on the net. I've read plenty if bad experiences of LEVs too so I wouldn't use them to base your decision. The reason I went for the Reverb (other than the $200+ saving) is that it's easy to get parts for them, Wiggle won't leave you out in the cold warranty wise and prob have the best Warranty dealing for Aus customers and the Reverb has a better reputation in the UK mud.

Now, I'm sure there is a dropper post thread somewhere we should prob be continuing our discussion in.........

Last edited:

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no issues yet, it does have a little play as stated, but I can live with that
it doesn't get cable creep, as the mech is fixed at the bottom of the post (see pic)
I have read a few reviews and everyone has said pretty much the same thing, it does what is supposed to do for shitloads less dollars than a KS or reverb etc.
can be got from good ol ebay!..arrived inside 2 weeks from honkers.
I will be moving up to newie sep/oct if you want to check out and can wait that long, but for $100 just get one and have a tinker..
I'm very interested in the Tmars. Looks pretty good but as Madstace points out to me, the clamp for the seat rails looks like it might be a bit flimsy. I'm a heavy boy at 115kg, do you think it would hold me up?

Be keen to meet up for a ride when you move to Newy soon.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apologies for the poor quality mobile phone camera photograph.

I'll post up a better pic if I ever bother to take one.

Last edited:

TimCz83

Likes Dirt
Dear god, so many awesome bikes in this thread. Have just looked through 8 months worth of posts - couldn't stop clicking :)

I see no Devinci's posted recently however (if at all?), so let me add mine into the mix.
Only a couple of rides old but you can't wipe the smile off my face. Couldn't be happier.

Still debating a dropper post... but happy without!

Devinci Spartan
Pikes + Monarch Plus
Flow EX + Industry Nine hubs
Raceface Sixc cranks + DMR vault pedals
XX1/X01 drivetrain + Wolftooth chainring
Sram Guide RS brakes
Answer Carbon 720 AM bars + Thomson Stem
Thomson Seatpost + ye'olde saddle

Awesome mate - look forward to riding along side it soon!

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt

Nice.

LTIH: people constantly apologising for the quality of their 'phone pics'.

The picture looks fine and phones can take great pictures so there's no excuse.

Oh sorry, wrong thread.......off to the LTIH thread ;-)

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard

Looks awesome mate, bet the carbon wheels would make a huge difference over the poo rovals they come with.

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Nice.

LTIH: people constantly apologising for the quality of their 'phone pics'.

The picture looks fine and phones can take great pictures so there's no excuse.

Oh sorry, wrong thread.......off to the LTIH thread ;-)
Probably people who own DSLRs but are too lazy to go grab it :p

Stumpy13

Likes Bikes
Haha, spot on. Actually my DSLR has developed a spot on the pics. Anyone recommend someone in outer east Melbourne for servicing/cleaning camera/lenses.
Thats probably due to some dust on the sensor. Just take the lens off, trigger the shutter so that it stays open and use an air blower(camera specific) to blast any dust off the sensor. I usually hold the camera with the sensor facing downwards so the dust will just fall out when air blasted! :)

BTW, awesome bike!!!

madstace

Likes Dirt
Thats probably due to some dust on the sensor. Just take the lens off, trigger the shutter so that it stays open and use an air blower(camera specific) to blast any dust off the sensor. I usually hold the camera with the sensor facing downwards so the dust will just fall out when air blasted! :)
Ah...bit OT, but this didn't sit right with me so I checked with the snap-happy better half. She's suggesting no. Depending on camera, there should be a sensor cleaning function in the menu, which is more thorough than the quick one that usually runs when you power the camera off. If that doesn't do it, just get it serviced.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fresh out of the ove
A few observations from someone who has the same machine.

The bearings, suspension pivots but mainly chain stay to frame don't have good seals so watch the overzealous cleaning.
The PF30 can end up with water sitting above it inside the frame, could seep into bearings, good idea to drain upside down after washing.
The stock head stem bearings didn't last very long for me.
The rear derailleur and rear brake lines need to have ample slack (most I have seen don't) where they wrap under the bottom bracket. At full travel they will have too much tension on them. The first thing to break is the little clip holding the brake line, next the derailleur cable will fatigue. I've read of people having cable trouble, this is undoubtedly why. Easiest way is to remove all air from the shock and have it bottomed out, then check/adjust cable and brake line for clearance and no binding.

They are a great toy, enjoy.

Last edited:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah...bit OT, but this didn't sit right with me so I checked with the snap-happy better half. She's suggesting no. Depending on camera, there should be a sensor cleaning function in the menu, which is more thorough than the quick one that usually runs when you power the camera off. If that doesn't do it, just get it serviced.
Cheers, being a camera numpty I think I'll just get it serviced anyway. I presume they can check everything and lenses for correct operation and cleanliness.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Well everyone else is posting their enduro 29 so here's mine. It has xt brakes, 1x10 conversion (raceface narrowwide 32T) and a command post. I have a set of E13 trs+ wheels on the way, ive been having some issues with the stock hubs and this being my first 29er wouldn't mind some wheels a bit lighter and stiffer. After that future mods are likely to be the new command post lever and maybe a faster rolling rear tyre.

P5160405.jpg

Removing Cranks

Hey slimjim1, Duane,

I have the same Enduro and would like to know if you have any tips on how to remove those sram cranks? Ready to go 1x10 but can't undo the driveside nut!