Post your all mountain bike

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I'm quite happy with it. I've always liked the single pivots. While this isn't quite a true single pivot, it's very similar.

I just went from a Kona Process 153 to this and while the process wasn't horrible, I prefer the ride quality and feel of the Blackbird. I'm Garrett on the Blackbird too, and I think that's just down to being more comfortable on it.

The only 2 things I'd change on the Blackbird is the tyre clearance. Dartmoor say it'll take a 2.5, but it was hitting with a DHF. 2.4 cleared, just. But anything in the tread was smashing the stays. I ended up running a 2.25 Onza Ibex.

The other thing I would have liked is a little more reach on the xl. I went from a 50mm stem to a 60mm and it's about right. The Kona was a lounge in comparison, but I like the more playfulness of the Blackbird.

All up, it was awesome value and I'm super happy with it. The service from Casey at Ascension was to notch too!
Yeah, it's good to see him back on deck after that health issue. He's always loved the brand! Was happy to see it get picked up by an old customer.

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Went from MkI 5010c to MkIII Nomad CC because bigger bikes are fun even when you have to ride them up hills. Also I loved my old MkII back in 2012 so nice to follow on.

Keen to get some riding in the next few months and then do a few enduro races when the Vic season starts up again.

AD6F3864-EADB-4333-8627-3202AE5A8A0F.jpeg