Post your all mountain bike

MrZ32

Likes Dirt

Bit dirty after the last ride but it's almost finished. There is a wolftooth 36t coming to ditch the 2x10 and an xo trail brake for the rear to match the front. .. Other than that I think it is done.

Shifts beautifully now and quieter than ever with the clutched derailleur. .. and man those xo trails are strong but so easy to modulate.

Last edited:

Marty64

Cannon Fodder
IMG_7381.jpg
First post on here, thought i better after ages of stalking the classifieds.
My Polygon AX3.0, bought it after buying a $500 bike to see if i liked mountain biking.... yes!
Awesome bike so far, for the money its pretty well spec'd and i'm loving it. Has got me a couple of KOM's on some Manly Dam sections!
I've added a reverb dropper, new grips and gone from a triple front set-up to a single 36t ring with BB mounted guide.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
View attachment 273084
First post on here, thought i better after ages of stalking the classifieds.
My Polygon AX3.0, bought it after buying a $500 bike to see if i liked mountain biking.... yes!
Awesome bike so far, for the money its pretty well spec'd and i'm loving it. Has got me a couple of KOM's on some Manly Dam sections!
I've added a reverb dropper, new grips and gone from a triple front set-up to a single 36t ring with BB mounted guide.
Nice looking bit of kit mate, congrats on the purchase! Are those fox 34s or 32s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jub jub

Squid
Some fugly pics of my new rig. Colour is way nicer in person.

View attachment 270147

View attachment 270148

Pretty stoked on the frame! Not happy with the suspension, the dream is to switch it up with some Marzocchi, but I can't afford it.
Pity I can't use my Reverb (wrong seatpost size), but I have a remote for the X-Fusion, should be fine when I set it up.
Also have some IceTech rotors to slap on there. The stock wheelset (Mavic CrossSomething) is waaay lighter than my hopes, but was dead on arrival (my luck with Frenchy things is close to zero) and is being warrantied. The Larson is actually for my XC bike. I tore the Schwalbe on there so had to find a quick fix. Ardents are going on for next ride.

I'll do a full ride/review write-up thingo when I get around to doing a PYR, but suffice it to say that it pedals pretty well (perhaps not as well as the Meta AM I sold recently, very hard to say) and it descents amazingly. The big advantages over the Meta AM are:
- External Cable Routing
- ISCG Mounts (that are placed correctly)
- Stock forks aren't noodles.

The way I have it set up it's silent. Occasionally I get a dull tap as the chain hits the cross beam of the top part of the guide. So refreshing after the constant rattling and banging of the Commencal. I'm stoked! Bike is tapped!
What is it about the Fox suspension you're not happy with? Sweet bike though! I've been trying to see what reviews are out there for their new frame designs, so it'll be interesting to read your long term review. So much bang for your buck!

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Rocky Mountain Slayer 70

12' RM Slayer 70
Mods new X0 brakes, X0 short cage RD, XO chain guide w Blackspire 32T 1 x 10 set up.
Next upgrade planned is the X0 DH specific 1 x 10 crank set, tubeless and probably slightly wider bars w some better grips.
Thanks to Sean and Andrew at Watsonia Super Cycles for my X0-ification. Support your local bike shop kiddies!
rm slayer.jpg

ChopSticks

Banned
12' RM Slayer 70
Mods new X0 brakes, X0 short cage RD, XO chain guide w Blackspire 32T 1 x 10 set up.
Next upgrade planned is the X0 DH specific 1 x 10 crank set, tubeless and probably slightly wider bars w some better grips.
Thanks to Sean and Andrew at Watsonia Super Cycles for my X0-ification. Support your local bike shop kiddies!
View attachment 273368
love the red 36 decals !
whats wrong with those sexy raw raceface cranks!?!? they look perfect with the upper link of the RM

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
love the red 36 decals !
whats wrong with those sexy raw raceface cranks!?!? they look perfect with the upper link of the RM
Very true, something about X0 gear that makes me hard though! The RF turbines are more than enough for now, just pipe dreaming X0.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What is it about the Fox suspension you're not happy with? Sweet bike though! I've been trying to see what reviews are out there for their new frame designs, so it'll be interesting to read your long term review. So much bang for your buck!
Their new frames have a more modern geometry than their older ones, with a couple of changes from the norm: Super short chainstays with a pretty short wheelbase means a reasonably roomy cockpit when pedalling but snappy when standing because they have a slack seat tube angle compared to other brands. Works for me, some people argue they want their weight more forward on climbs, but I run a super low bar setup so leaning forward 'roadie' style gives me the same result.

Suspension platform is tits really. Once you get it dialed its super stable, eats up all sorts of rough and pedals really nicely, no noticeable pedal bob or brake jack.

I've never had luck with Fox suspension. Every fork I've had from them (4 now I believe) has at least one of the following problems:
- Heaps of friction, very hard off the top.
- Zero rebound damping functionality (yes, it damps rebound, but adjustment is basically unuseable)
- flexy noodles
- stanchion wear.

Fox shocks (I'm up to 7 or 8 shocks I think) have been hit and miss. Yet to ride a 'propedal' that does something. The newer CTD system seems to actually function, but still kinda useless compared to actually just having manual compression adjust.