Post your all mountain bike

Z

Zaf

Might be because it was a search query within the thread on BB's. Try the thread itself - http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=149137 Just forward through to posts from late last year/this year.
Cheers. Interesting some guys have had to replace shot bearings within 6months, be interesting to know riding conditions. But I might just pull down and pack the suspension bearings with grease initially (not that I ride wet that much).

One guy also had an issue with the Race Face BB, but is saying that he needed a special tool to remove it. From what I can see and tell, they just use a standard BB wrench interface, nothing stupid like E*Thirteen does.

I am tempted (right now at least) to use my X01 and Chris King, then order some more direct mount chainrings and a different chainguide/bash guard. That could change in an instant once seeing the Next SL's though.

Also looks like the pivot bearings are fairly standard sizes, so can pick some high quality ones up from any bearing shop if an when they need replacing. Always shocked to see how little life sealed bearings seem to have on bikes.

BT180

Max Pfaff
A lot of the guys posting in that thread ride in some pretty nasty conditions in Europe, so it's no surprise the bearings have issues. Although, consensus seems to be that there's not enough grease packed into he bearings from the factory in the first place and it's a good idea to get that addressed. I need to do this too, but am in no rush at the moment, given the dry conditions.

Those Next SLs are seriously nice. They don't come with boots though, so make sure you order some of those now, so they arrive in time. I had a pretty big whack on the crank arm on the weekend and I shed a little tear after I saw the mark it left. That's the only issue with the SLs - the fear of scratching them!

Bun

Likes Bikes
Ordered a Canyon Spectral Al 7.0 EX with expected due date of 27th June - 1st of July. Had to go with the red as the stealth was another month's wait on top.

previous ride was a Norco Range A7.1. Patiently waiting for a month with no bike really sucks :sad::sad:

Attachments

jp80

Likes Bikes
Just speaking to a mate, apparantly the RSC's had an update that fixed the issue where they pack up and don't return, so it'll be a matter on finding out which revision they are.

The plan would likely to be to sell them. Also tempted to run my X01 cranks and Chris King BB. I need to buy a new chainguide and oval ring for it either way, but with the Stumpy's Sworks direct mount and the Honzo running GXP direct mount, I've got chainring mounting standards coming out of my ears already. Next SL is such a sexy crank though! And it's not like I switch between them anyway.

Anyone know how the race face BB's hold up? The Chris king has actually lived up to hype and just spins beautifully and fault free.

Sounds like I've got less time than i originally thought to make a decision as well.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro
I have similar but less flash versions, Guide R and turbine cinch.

Have the same issue with the guide levers losing the snap back, sometimes when I just go to the shed and grab the bike. I'm not a big fan, they're fine but will replace all the SRAM gear with Shimano when it wears/I can justify it.

I've had a couple of issues with the turbines. First off the plastic collar wouldn't hold until the cinch bolt blew through the collar, then i ordered a replacement which was alloy, and it still slips. Using torque wrench to get it right, but it wont hold, so i go beyond. "Some bloke I know" says people just use the right amount of PU washers to act as spacers and run the collar all the way out at the crank, the washers preload the BB... what a disgrace!
The other, bigger issue I've had is the NDS crank separating from the spindle. Its a 15mm hex key alloy bolt, and 15mm allen keys arent easy to find. Its a (approx.) 50Nm torque rating, too, and its assembly isnt included in the set up instructions, all of which make me think its something that is tightened to death in the factory and should never come undone. Mine did, its a pain.
All of that said, it is still on my bike. I hadn't read a bad thing about them when I bought them. I like the look of them a lot, I like race face, I like direct mount. I want it to work, but it is running out of chances.

The 30mm cinch BB itself seems fine :) I've put maybe 20 hours of riding on it.

Bun

Likes Bikes
Exactly the same as mine. Posted previously. How do you like it? Any issues etc?
I've only managed to get one ride on it so still playing around with the rebound/sag. I feel for a medium it's feels very short compared to my 2015 medium Norco range.

Only issue I'm having is converting the front to tubeless. Once I get the bead to set I can hear air coming out of the spokes.

Have you had any problems with yours?