post up your bmx (s)

norcotim

Likes Dirt
o yeah just had a look, sick as, have you tired to run lower sized sprocket on that with the chain stay mounts??? does it rub ???

cheers tim

taylor-91

Likes Dirt
o yeah just had a look, sick as, have you tired to run lower sized sprocket on that with the chain stay mounts??? does it rub ???

cheers tim
havent tried below 30t but there is still a bit of room i wouldnt want to go below 27-28t cause you would have to run a decent amount of tension to avoid chain slapage..but im not a fan of the tiny gearing so its perfect for us

E-thugin

Likes Dirt
BMXX.jpg

heres mine with the new cranks & hubs..

*i dont use the pedals on the bike.. i just built it with the plastic pedals.

E-thugin

Likes Dirt
myutephotos009.jpg

myutephotos008.jpg

got titainium axle studs in rear & alloy in the front the other day...

I took it to the trails,, its like atleast half the weight of my fly pantera, if not lighter.. its effortless to jump..

Buttts

Likes Dirt
Bmx

well well well...it's a bike that has been around for years, can't remember exactly how i tackled it first, but it is and old repco frame that has had things stolen off other of MY bmx bikes and tacked on....
i would venture 5 or 6 different paint jobs over the last 2 or 3 years, never stipping it back or any of that rubbish:D chickenfeed spray paint the whole way... the wheels are buckled, it creaks and moans, wouldn't be supprised if there are cracks developing, the cromo cranks are bent to buggery, and it still handles well.+ it is light as, eventhough i never meant it to be.

specs:
frame: repco 8 to 10 years old...bloody light!
bars: off another bike. noname repco maybe cut down too much:p
wheels: BENT
tyres:(f) maxxis max daddy
(r) Kenda Kovert
stem: custom machined thingo from mate who has machine?!?
pedals: plastic never broken in 3 years
chain: original since birth..no joining link...never been off frame
seat: uncomfortable. pinches well.
brakes: ........backpedal...but if you go back a quater of a revolution then it is a freecoaster!? funn.
grips: good.
cranks: crom-oly..B E N T.
sprocket: oddysey 44t utility sprocket...free from mate.

sorry there aren't really any brand names, they would prorably be repco, but have been sprayed over, replaced or broken:cool:

It still works....!

i had this bike before i had my MTB, so it took a backseat when i got my MTB, but has naturally been reliable when MTB breaks..

sam.

Last edited:

Buttts

Likes Dirt
haha yeah no offence taken:p
i love it and i'm sure it would be worth getting new cranks ect. but i simply don't ride it much and it is still in one piece (runs out to garage to check the frame hasn't cracked overnight) so it floats ma boat.
thanks for the feedback,
sam

Buttts

Likes Dirt
*UPDATE*

about 2 hours after posting that nothing has snapped, 180 to fakie off my kicker resulted in the cranks finally giving away. i have pics. uploading now.

KASNAPPPP!

Trailst4r

Likes Dirt
Parts are

Wtp Phoenix 20.6" clear coated
Sunday Night Fork
Sunday Tudor Bar
Odyssey Cassette Wheels
Odyssey Wombolt
Animal Clamp + Sprocket(30t)
Demolition F1 Stem
Demolition Pedals
Ody Longnecks
1664 Post, Modified Odyssey Slim seat.

Weight: ~11kg

hubbie

Forever 1,337
always love it trailst4r! Custom raw Job? how'd you go about it? Paint stripper then polish? I'm gonna raw my bike soon enough