Post up ya 4WD!

taquar

Likes Dirt
Well mines up for sale. Need it gone to fund my next one.

I'm trying to buy a gu ute and eventually build it up to have about 4" spring lift, extended shock mounts, 35s probably when they wear out some big rubber 37+. 5 link or superflex arm front end. I want to buy a welder and make up my own bar work and tray make some chassis mods, get a nice big turbo for the td42t etc.

But before i can even start that project i need mine gone to afford a stock ute, god damn they are expensive.

And my shameless plug:carsales if anyones interested haha
Shit mate, if you were in QLD I would jump at it. How many kms do you reckon you'd get out of a full tank of gas and petrol respectively?

I'm looking for a decent ute as well, except I wouldn't mind going for a patrol if it's done up like yours. :D

ozz

Likes Bikes
Haha mate in qld you have all the best deals on cars, every time i get on carsales and find a car i really like at a good price, its in QLD. People from vic would know what i mean. There's a ute up there i want to buy but it would end up costing 1500+ just in fuel driving to mackay in 1 car and driving back in 2.

It's hard to say what i'd get out of the petrol tank, i only ever seem to use half tanks at a time but at a guess i'd get around 5-600km all up. The previous owner put in a 60lt long range tank for petrol, and told me that when the guage says empty its only half empty, but i havent been brave enough to test that out haha

morkz_media

Likes Dirt
Neat lightbar placement, How'd you run the wires up? how much does it light up the bonnet?
Ah the wires run down the driver door on the b pillar then through the inner guard..

The light bar puts my hid 100w units to shame can't rate them enough ... Going to put 20" to replace the 100w hella hid

aidz44

Likes Dirt
It's a 4.2 running 28 psi Garrett roller turbo front mount modified pump puts out 190 rwkw
FARK ME DRUNK, that's obscene. but I like it

I'm no mechanic, but I have heard that such power in a dieso can be very detrimental, have you found any issues ?

morkz_media

Likes Dirt
What kills diesels is heat ...

More boost = more air.

So running more fuel which gives the power and boost to suit ..

Don't forget it doesn't sit on 28psi all day most of the time 10-20

niki125

Likes Dirt
More boost = more heat. If you've got the cooling system to cope, (radiator, intercooler ect) 28psi is ok on the 4.2's. Any more than that and you have to have engine work done. NIce rig.

morkz_media

Likes Dirt
More fuel = more heat not boost ... Boost is just air and diesel work on air and fuel

More boost cause = more stress for sustained period of times

I wind in more boost to reduce inlet temperatures when driving big hills and sand makes a big difference to the pyro

DirtFix

Likes Dirt
More fuel = more heat not boost ... Boost is just air and diesel work on air and fuel

More boost cause = more stress for sustained period of times

I wind in more boost to reduce inlet temperatures when driving big hills and sand makes a big difference to the pyro
So your saying if i up the boost it will reduce my EGTs? I am currently having issues with high EGTs on my 2LT and thought that it may be over fuelling. I havent had it for long and have just fitted a new (Chinese) turbo although it had the high EGTs before i fitted the new turbo. Only fitted that becuase the old factory one had quite a bit of play in the shaft and the blades had started to give the housing a bit of a shine, so detonation was iminent. I can up the boost on mine easilt by spacing out the waste gate to hold the boost longer. Its currently only running 8psi but with minimal spacing i can up it to 10 or 12psi. Or go buy a boost T. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i really dont want to start playing with the injector pump if i can help it.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
So your saying if i up the boost it will reduce my EGTs? I am currently having issues with high EGTs on my 2LT and thought that it may be over fuelling. I havent had it for long and have just fitted a new (Chinese) turbo although it had the high EGTs before i fitted the new turbo. Only fitted that becuase the old factory one had quite a bit of play in the shaft and the blades had started to give the housing a bit of a shine, so detonation was iminent. I can up the boost on mine easilt by spacing out the waste gate to hold the boost longer. Its currently only running 8psi but with minimal spacing i can up it to 10 or 12psi. Or go buy a boost T. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i really dont want to start playing with the injector pump if i can help it.
By adding more boost you're effectively leaning the mixture so your egt will rise. Increasing fuel flow will lower your egt. Or add an inter cooler and that should offset the temp increase due to the increase boost.

DirtFix

Likes Dirt
Thats what i would have thought. I may need to adjust the fuel on the injector pump. Its just a massive pain in the arse to get to becuse of the boost compensator and although i am reasonably mechanicaly minded playing with injector pumps is all new to me. Might be easier to just fit a cooler.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully this is a reasonable place to post this...

After a weekend drive I've blown out my second P/S box in 3 months. The dickheads who sold me the last one aren't going to honour warranty. Great.
Anyway, does anyone know where I can source a new or reconditioned WITH a warranty for less than $790 (Best quote I've had)?

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
Got myself a 4x4 a while back, just been sitting around since I couldn't drive it (no license) slowly building building, thought i'd post it up, its nothing amazing, but it goes places :) MK Triton

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how do the federals go? im looking for new tyres (usual bighorns, MTR's, scorpions etc) and saw these and they look pretty good.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how do the federals go? im looking for new tyres (usual bighorns, MTR's, scorpions etc) and saw these and they look pretty good.
They go pretty well, pretty quiet on road as long as the pressures are up (35 psi +) off the road they go fine, they clear all the nasties. Really good value for money :)