Post Cyclone Post

dunndog

Eats Squid
My thoughts go out to all those suffering through the aftermath of Hurricane Debbie, I hope you're keeping safe and are managing somehow to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!
My problem in comparison isn't worth a mention.. but I'll mention it anyway.
I sent my forks up to NSD in Annerly after asking the question and being assured they wouldn't be affected in any way by this storm.. anyway, they were, due to AusPost going down for a couple of days.
Can anyone in the Brisbane area tell me if AusPost were back in action yesterday? How's the situation up there? I'm due to sail to Tassie Thursday night and need them back before then, ideally Wednesday..

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Floating through Morton Bay.
They could be in the bunch that I looted from the shop Thursday night. They will eventually find their way into the trading section for repurchase so hope is not lost. I just have to reverse the lowers first so I can advertise on Gumtree also.

Give NSD a call, they are probs in his morning. If not then FTR may give you a heads up on their postage status as they operate from the same building.

safreek

I have to say you are probably forked if you want them by thurs, it gives them all sorts of lies to give as reasons for not moving them quick.
Hope they were dual air, they may be able to rescue them floating in the bay

dunndog

Eats Squid
I have to say you are probably forked if you want them by thurs, it gives them all sorts of lies to give as reasons for not moving them quick.
Hope they were dual air, they may be able to rescue them floating in the bay
Ive used nsd for years and wouldn't for one second doubt their service. They have gone way above and beyond for me more than once and I'll continue to use them.. I was just more hoping for someone local to say whether or not the place was ok and normality had resumed, to give me an indication of what I might be in for next week.. I can always get them delivered to Derby, I'll be in and around there for over a week which effectively gives me 2 weeks to get them.. I'll just have to be a full time heckler over the race weekend which is fine with me.

safreek

Ive used nsd for years and wouldn't for one second doubt their service. They have gone way above and beyond for me more than once and I'll continue to use them.. I was just more hoping for someone local to say whether or not the place was ok and normality had resumed, to give me an indication of what I might be in for next week.. I can always get them delivered to Derby, I'll be in and around there for over a week which effectively gives me 2 weeks to get them.. I'll just have to be a full time heckler over the race weekend which is fine with me.
Yeah sorry, I meant aussie post

mellow

Banned
cycloone

We are waiting for some documents via aussie post. Five working days later. bummer, but hey, stay safe folks, and ride the old dunger.
I have been and it takes me back to 8 speed, 100mm hardtail.
I would like to say hard core, but really just hard ride.
Laugh though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They are good blokes, but this is the latest from Qld:

received_755781474603565.jpg

Its not looking good.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Oh lord.. I wonder if godzilla is heading to Derby for the race and would bring them down for a cheeky $50 and shots at Luca Brazi?
*EDIT* Best to clarify, I'll buy Ol' Godzy a few shots whilst attending the Luca Brazi gig, not offering an opportunity to assassinate Tassie's loudest current export.

Last edited:

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Auspost postie was working yesterday after a few days off, it's pretty normal here from what i can I tell, doesnt say anything for broader bris/qld/Australia postie ops though. Not sure if they've been affected and need to prioritise stuff as well. G'luck.