Please help......

jessebatty

Likes Dirt
How do you get your parents to let you buy a moto EVEN when YOU've got the money, and the reason is is because they are concerned about the safety issue.

Any suggestions?

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do you get your parents to let you buy a moto EVEN when YOU've got the money, and the reason is is because they are concerned about the safety issue.

Any suggestions?

tell them if they are concerned about safety issues you will buy some motocross gear, example: boots, helmet, long pants, some armour, googles and some gloves and if they are worried about you arms get a jersey.

EDIT: i know at some of the motobike shops in cairns you can buy gear deals for like 600 bucks and they are alright packages

then to give them something to worry about fang it in front of them!:D aha

when you actually get the bike, hope you do convince them but:)

DOUBLE EDIT: what bike are you interested in getting if you dont mind me asking? model ect?

Last edited:

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
move out. seriously.

do you have the money for safety gear, a helmet, gloves, boots etc etc etc

do you have the money for rego, insurance, servicing, consumable parts (tyres, chains etc)?

do you have your license?

will they have to spend your weekends driving you to and from an area that you can legally ride on?

Last edited:

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
move out. seriously.

do you have the money for rego, insurance, servicing, consumable parts (tyres, chains etc)?

do you have your license?

will they have to spend your weekends driving you to and from an area that you can legally ride on?
Yeah thanks for your replys........and i cant get a moto untill im 16:( cause of parents:rolleyes: but ill be ready when the time comes........3 years a couple of months:D
I'd say so.

What would be the result of you just going out and buying it? :eek:

projectsplat

The film guy
tell them you are going to spend the money on drugs, facial tattoo's and genital piercings. that should do the trick..... :eek:

derelikt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was going to say Drug them, Tie them up, Tell them whats going to happen, Tell them the consequences if they don't co-operate, And then just take it from there.

Simple really, I've done it a few times.

MasterOfReality

After forever
hehehehehe
I have Nazi memorabilia at home. It looks awesome.

To jessybatty, how old are you?

If you are not old enough to move out, then you will probably have to abide by your parents rules whilst living in their house.

I remember my parents not allowing me to drive their V8 cos they were scared I was going to wrap myself around a tree. I wasn't even allowed to drive it when I got off my P's.

Just let it go for now, and everytime you need your parents to drive you somewhere and they get annoyed, just keep reminding them that if you had a bike.........................

NCR600

Likes Dirt
The question is not how to get your parents to let you have one, the real question is why do you want a motorcycle? (presumably the off road kind)

Do you have access to private land to use it on? Are you old enough to get a licence?

Or do they think you'll just fang it around on any old piece of land annoying everyone, and endangering yourself and others?

You might have enough money to buy bike, but do you have enough cash to blow on good safety gear (bearing in mind that you can easily blow 2-3k on safety gear) Are you prepared to pay for club membership fees, race entries, a trailer etc etc?

The best thing you could do is go to the Motorcycling Australia website

www.ma.org.au

and arm yourself with some knowledge. Do you know anyone in a bike club? If you do, get them to take you, preferably with a parent to a club event and see how professionally they are run and how safety conscious the officials are. The MA website should have a list of clubs near you if you don't know anyone.

The thing with motorcycles is that they are great fun, but misuse buggers it up for everyone. It's a lot of responsibility and cash, so if you're not prepared to get into the sport in the proper way, you're probably better off sticking with un powered cycles.

fatass

Banned
I have Nazi memorabilia at home. It looks awesome.
Same, We've got a Nazi bucket :D Find some facts about motorcycle related injuries (presuming off-road, dont even bother if it's on road) and present them in comparison with say... Snowboarding or somehting. I persisted for ages then they said, well if you can find somewhere to ride it then go ahead. They didnt want me tearting up the garden so I gave up and bought my first donwhill(ish) bike because it was the next best thing. The only reason I'd go moto is it's fast going up hills aswell

Pete J

loves his dog
Any suggestions?
I have the perfect solution, give me the money and let me buy the bike for you. You can keep it in my shed, ride near my joint and come over whenever you feel like it! Your folks will never even know that you have bought yourself a moto, all you have to do is explain why you keep making frequent trips to northern Europe!! :p

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gotta find out why they dont like them specifically. Some people HATE bikes because they had a loved one killed/injured whilst riding one. You cant change someones opinion in that case.

I love stories, we all know that, so heres one....

Many moons ago, my ridding buddy was trying to convinve his old man that MX wasnt that dangerous, and he should be allowed to get a racing ticket and compete reguarly. So he took his old man out (ie Dad drove son went with lol) to a track day to have a watch.

All was going well with both son and Dad having a pearler of a day until some kid OTB's the main table, right in front of these 2. Obviously very badly hurt he lay there there motioness. Then comes Mum, arms flailing screaming and in desperate rush to help her son, in the middle of a moto.......yup you guessed it, she gets collected by another racer and all 3 go to the hospital via the ambo....nice intro to racing :D

"Its not always like this Dad" was my mates reply hahahaha

We both raced after that, and all parents concerned were more than happy.

We had a main crew and the Dads took it in turns to tow the bikes or take us for practice, or fix our troubles *thanks Dads* Mums made the lunches and cheered very very loudly from the sidelines. I could always hear my old lady through my helmet and over the screaming 2 banger I and the other 10 blokes were riding, *good on ya Mums* and she never once ran onto the track to help my motionless arse *good on ya Mum*

Our sisters tagged along, probably to pickup other racers *tarts* but nethertheless they were always there on race day. The bikes certainly bought people together in a big way.

Oh one incident in particular, my Grandma came over to see the fam, and my Mum bought her to a race., Once she got over the fact I was hitting "that really big jump in the middle" she started to have fun. So one time I come around the main hairpin after hitting "the really big one in the middle" hahah and I see her leaning over the fence, screaming, fist pumping and in full volume.....racing does werid things to people........or maybe its just my family :eek:

(Oh the reason I got a bike in the first place was because Mum thought football was to dangerous, seriously)

Ummm yeah what am I getting at, no idea anywho.....

Dont lie to them, tell them motor bikes are dangerous, but with the right knowledge safety gear and attitude they are the best things in the world. Listen to what NCR said, good advice.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Start subscribing to radical Islamic newsletters and download a few pics of your local airport from google earth. When the feds come a calling, blame your arrest on the fact your folks didn't let you buy a bike. Then when you finish your 5 year stint at Gitmo you'll probably come home to a shiny top of the line moto purchased out of guilt. The best thing is, it won't have cost you a penny! :)

derelikt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Start subscribing to radical Islamic newsletters and download a few pics of your local airport from google earth. When the feds come a calling, blame your arrest on the fact your folks didn't let you buy a bike. Then when you finish your 5 year stint at Gitmo you'll probably come home to a shiny top of the line moto purchased out of guilt. The best thing is, it won't have cost you a penny! :)
I suppose it would be worth it for 10 years in prison.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get them to buy as much protection as they want!! on the plus side you get free moto gear:D just try and act as responsible around them as you can and they might trust you a little more.