Playstation 3 Thread

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and it would appear that im the only ever person to talk about xboxs on this thread... well done mate!
What the hell are you going on about kid?

Theirs a PS3 thread, for the PS3ers, there's and XBOX thread for XBOXers, thats where you express your opinion.... Go figure.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
mw2 on Xbox360 nothing better
I can't agree with you pal. I have both systems (aheam, I have every system actually ;) ) and I think the problem is the controller. It doesn't sit in your hands as well as a PS3 controller does and the default button mapping sucks rhino nuts.
I have played many of the same games on both systems and I would say that 90% of those games are better on PS3.

What the????

Insane, ive got a triple headshot on highrise before, but i never knew you could do it twice in a few second!!!
Don't believe everything you see on youtube man, those guys film their games to show the world how good they are....................after they get their friends to act as crash test dummies and do somehting for the video.
Nearly every game I have played lately has had bossters in it trying to get a nuke. What a shameless and crap way to play. The look on their faces when i rock up and launch their arses over the fence when they have 24 kills would be awesome!:p

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can't agree with you pal. I have both systems (aheam, I have every system actually ;) ) and I think the problem is the controller. It doesn't sit in your hands as well as a PS3 controller does and the default button mapping sucks rhino nuts.
I have played many of the same games on both systems and I would say that 90% of those games are better on PS3.

Don't believe everything you see on youtube man, those guys film their games to show the world how good they are....................after they get their friends to act as crash test dummies and do somehting for the video.
Nearly every game I have played lately has had bossters in it trying to get a nuke. What a shameless and crap way to play. The look on their faces when i rock up and launch their arses over the fence when they have 24 kills would be awesome!:p
Haha yeah i love getting into a free for all lobby and wrecking there fun.

ElectroFunkster

Likes Dirt
Picked it up Friday- $82 at Big W ain't bad!
I'll agree, it's a massive game- I don't really know where to start! I've been playing the guts out of BC2 online and this is a nice change from the fast combatof that.
I must say I'm a little stumped at what to do on multiplayer. I pretty much wondered around aimlessly (?) and when night fell I got my arse handed to me on a plate by the cougars!
It's going to be a great long term game for sure.
hey guys .. Im on Dead Red

got the same Sat night and put 12 hours straight into it sunday in single player

Multi player is still confusing but really fun .. basicaly the freeroam is the lobby and you can run round with your friends and go hunting and stuff ... but if you want to play a MW2/BC2 style game then hit SELECT and pick quick game or choose custom game

its mad fun running round with a handgun and deadeye on smoking guys

p.s SASHWEED is my ps3 name if you want to start a posse

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Red Dead arrived this morning.

Don't believe the hype!

It's good. But it's still a bit too tame for my liking. How the hell can you be a grizzly Deadwood style wild west rogue yet stay completely faithful to your wife in the face of legions of prostitutes and swear like an Anglican priest at morning tea!?

:rolleyes:

TheRidingDr.

Likes Bikes
Who is hyped up for the new cod black ops. It should be really good but it is actavision instead of Infinty ward what is your opinion??

Might pre order it if it sounds alrite the trailer looks sick!!!

Jord

wootown

Likes Dirt
Who is hyped up for the new cod black ops. It should be really good but it is actavision instead of Infinty ward what is your opinion??

Jord
treyarch is making this cod they made WAW

IW make the modern warfare cods (not anymore lol)

im hoping in this new one that every body does not just camp like they all do in MW2 now that game has turned shit with everybody hacking it and that so hopefully they make this new one more secure

but yer I will by it love the story missions to these games.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
treyarch is making this cod they made WAW

IW make the modern warfare cods (not anymore lol)

im hoping in this new one that every body does not just camp like they all do in MW2 now that game has turned shit with everybody hacking it and that so hopefully they make this new one more secure

but yer I will by it love the story missions to these games.
The problem with MW2 is that it's too beginner friendly with heartbeats, thermal scopes, riot shields, n00b tubes, the list keep going. The game really does outright suck online.
Getting a copy of World at War when I pick up Red Dead which will be a lot better.

Jord
Activison is the distributor, Treyarch and Infinity Ward actualy make the game.

Best thing to do is enter a game, don't choose your weapon and press circle (O), then spectate and look for the location of the boosters. The rest is fairly self-explainetry. :D

Last edited:

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My good mate just got Red Dead Redemption.. He says its pretty sick, the whole GTA cowboy western thing..

Now i'm tossing between that and Skate 3..

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Tupper get RDR and Skate 2, Skate 2 should be had for under 50 bucks (AUD) now and it's pretty much the same as Skate 3 minus some different skins and the map. Get the best of both worlds.

Looks like we're gonna have a big RDR crew!

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Tupper get RDR and Skate 2, Skate 2 should be had for under 50 bucks (AUD) now and it's pretty much the same as Skate 3 minus some different skins and the map. Get the best of both worlds.

Looks like we're gonna have a big RDR crew!
Skate 3 sucks ass with it's lack of storyline and "Tony Hawk" style mini-environments.
They split one big map up into three shite ones that don't link together.

Defs get RDR.

ElectroFunkster

Likes Dirt
played more DRD last night .. multi player is so much fun .. started playing gang matches on this small map with lots of houses .. really pays to win th shootout and get up high quick.

then a few people dropped out so we ended up playing 1 on 1 bag grap .. many lols were had sneaking round and finding him camping watching his bag ... blowing him to bits .. grabing the bag and running off only to have him re-spawn and shoot me in the back ..

on a good note Im up to level 5 now and progressing nicely

one main thing I like is the set of guns they give you for each map are different so you have to learn the ins and outs of each gun not just progress up the levels so you always get the best gun and use that.

Toff

Likes Dirt
I've started playing Fallout. See you guys in four years time!:eek:
Indeed, that game is massive (I'm assuming you're talking about Fallout 3?). I'd advise against ploughing strait into it and finishing quickly, instead go exploring and find every location. I've been playing it on and off for over 3 months now, still only found ~60-70% of places.

In other news, I'm pretty much sick of MW2. Reached the first prestige and have next to no motivation to keep playing. Instead I've gotten back into GT5 prologue, finished it once already but lost the damn save, so now I'm only at the start of S-class.

Anyone else playing it? Ken to here about lap records in different cars/ tracks.