Pick the winning time in Cairns! Score a prize.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Dozer now its wet and the track is running a full minute slower can we all ad a minute on to are times ? They do it on Top Gear
I even took into account weather, micks run he did in the dry was like 3:35, I figured plus when his on it maybe a 3:12 will be the spot. I figured in 8 seconds on a damp track....severely underestimated how wet it would be and the clay mess that the track would turn into.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
4:01:26.........
They should SMASH this time for old time sakes I will go with,

4:54:79
03:46:98............
4:11:10

Sent by courier pigeon
3:59:50 :)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
Several people suddenly come into the right time zone. I don't think you can just blanket add a minute onto everyone's times. I think times should stand and let the cards fall where they may. But then I forgot to give a time so I am just an interested party.

indica

Serial flasher
And there is always a chance Danny Hart or Sam Hill will have a "ride it like it's dry" moment.,

driftking

Wheel size expert
And there is always a chance Danny Hart or Sam Hill will have a "ride it like it's dry" moment.,
Or somehow the sun just blazes through and tomorrow ends up super tacky and fast.

Jnr fastest qualifier was a 4:33

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
Or somehow the sun just blazes through and tomorrow ends up super tacky and fast.

Jnr fastest qualifier was a 4:33
Considering it Cairns, no amount of sun is gonna dry that track in time. The rainforest is dense and dark, and the clay doesn't drain dry, it sort of bakes dry.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I even took into account weather, micks run he did in the dry was like 3:35, I figured plus when his on it maybe a 3:12 will be the spot. I figured in 8 seconds on a damp track....severely underestimated how wet it would be and the clay mess that the track would turn into.
Where did you get a 3.35 from, ? Glen Jacobs on Wednesday before the rain said fastest rider down the whole course was well over 4min in good conditions

Well done Steve - I just remain optimistic that you saw the weather forecast and planned accordingly ;)

Last edited:

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where did you get a 3.35 from? Glen Jacobs on Wednesday before the rain said fastest rider down the whole course was circa 4 10 in good conditions

Well done Steve - I just remain optimistic that you saw the weather forecast and planned accordingly ;)
nah, no clue
4 members in my family and my wife's birthday Jan 26....

Being 1st guess I thought I was looking way off as everyone was thinking mid-low 3 mins....

driftking

Wheel size expert
Where did you get a 3.35 from, ? Glen Jacobs on Wednesday before the rain said fastest rider down the whole course was well over 4min in good conditions

As above
I factored in improvement obviously and I checked the forecast which said heavy rain on friday. I decided that the locals who said the rain wont matter were more in touch than myself so thought id factor in a bit of time but not too much. My dry time would have been about 3:12-3:15 guess.
[video=vimeo;85526731]http://vimeo.com/85526731[/video]

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
As above
I factored in improvement obviously and I checked the forecast which said heavy rain on friday. I decided that the locals who said the rain wont matter were more in touch than myself so thought id factor in a bit of time but not too much. My dry time would have been about 3:12-3:15 guess.
[video=vimeo;85526731]http://vimeo.com/85526731[/video]
I was wondering why so many times were so fast - that was the original track back in feb before world trail did a bunch of work to it I thought , so I went with world trails assessment of likely time .

driftking

Wheel size expert
I was wondering why so many times were so fast - that was the original track back in feb before world trail did a bunch of work to it I thought , so I went with world trails assessment of likely time .
Micks run was when most the work was finished.
What did world trail say? Was that glens "well over 4min in good conditions"

Given gee just did 4min in the worst conditions I have no doubt we would have seen a 3:20 been broken in dry conditions.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Aaaaaaand the winner is: Gee Atherton! Wait, the winner is actually Steve24 who ended up just over half a second off the final time that Gee won with a 4.00.71. Steve24 picked 4.01.26 with his nearest competition being Igoy who was 0.01.21 under the time Gee set.
Thanks for playing y'all, I think it was a good novelty for something close to home. I'll get some silverware sorted for Steve24 and hopefully it'll be something worthwhile. ;)