Parents V.2

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Tell em they should be thankful that you're not on drugs and you don't frit money away on gambling (even if you do)! Shut's em up every time

Sommoner

Likes Dirt
I strongly agree with BlueFuzz Take up a musical instrument they are rewarding.

And no matter where you live, home has the cheapest rent in town.

MrPlow

TMBC
I actually got kicked out of home :shock:
But it was THE BEST THING. I have great (blurry) memories of living with 4 other mates in a 4 bedroom house. 1 guy had a bed in a bit of the hallway you could close of that nobody used :lol: :lol: We had some absolute killer partays, so much fun, and rent is cheap with that many blokes. Just move out I reckon, You may be poor money wise, but rich with Wisdom :wink:
(Not saying by any means that I think I am Neither old or wise :? )

DOM

Eats Squid
hmm ,

Yeah stay at home as long as you can and save all ya dosh.

I moved out at 18 cause i had to work 1 hour away from home .. im now earning ok money .. but still get pissed off when all the bills come through.

I agree totally with Bron.

As for Mr Plow .. yes thats cool to do ... but living in a dodgey house with 4 guys .. with unclean living and sheet like that is crap after a while.

Ive done it .. well come to think of it .. im living in a house now with 4 others guys haha which makes 5. Our house is still ok though as we all pretty much work or do uni. ... But i remember first year i moved out .. it was unclean .. i ate crap food .. was sick all the time .. too much alcohol .. didnt ride it was a crap year.

Now that ive got some money .. live in a clean house and am a little more wiser .. I feel healthy .. ride alot more .. just feel better in General.

Im not saying nobody should experience this because real life experiences are what makes you who you are... But dont move out early .. you wont study as much as you would .. cause your cooking .. cleanning .. paying bills and mowing ya farkin own lawn haha.. Stay @ home .. just create a world in your room and chill out there hahahah or try and convince your parents what you do is healthy. Do some Cross Country.

p.s ... upgrade ya bike .. but start saving ya money ..

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Yeah Adin been there man! Every one needs a vent every now and then. Channel it into riding it worked for me. Hey are you the Adin I met on the night ride with Tim?

schmook

Likes Dirt
Sometimes parents seem to want to live vicariously through you. My Mum wanted (still wants) me to live my life how she would have is she didn't get married at 18 and had 4 kids! She just didn't get it, I didn't want to be a hairdresser and to sell crap on party plan to my 'girlfriends'!
And when I was 16 and I had a nose ring, a tattoo (no they don't wash off!) and listened to the beastie boys, hole and sonic youth I was perpetually grounded and clothes were chosen for me to wear whenever there was a rellie bash.
:/
You just got to be comfortable and sure of who you are. I know, easier said than done. If you parents don't like the mountain bikes and don't respect that you can't change their minds because mind control isn't right. Just let it be known mountain bikes make make you happy, are good for you (after 3 months of riding at least 3 times a week this will be physically evident) and if they get grouchy at you and the bikes start talking about sustainable transport policy, the overuse of cars to commute and chuck a few statistics their way.
That ought to shut them up, statistics silence grumpy folk.

I hope this makes you feel a little less frustrated.