Ourimbah DH Track build day Sun 18th April

huffypilot

Likes Bikes
Ourimbah build day 18th ,still on ?

Hey Guys
Is tomorrows build day still on . Four of us are coming down for a few runs and can bring the shovels if were digging.
Cheers

BKelly

teh fast
What a great build day!

Thanks to all the guys that turned up a gave a hand, we got a lot done.
Got new line from the dip to finish line cut in and is looking good and fun to ride! just need to get the bobcat in to re configure the bottom jumps and berms! (hopefully next weekend if possible)

Can everyone also check that they didn't accidentally pick up my shovel when leaving, it is a fairly new cyclone brand one, someone did however leave another shovel there (one with zip-tie holding it together) but I would much prefer my one back.

Cheers
Brad

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Brad,

Kim and i were up the top part from 7 till 9 - we didnt want drive in to see you guys due xc race. We fixed some of the slats on pallet jump, did some water run off work in lead up to pallet jump. We also made some water bars in rock garden and made some trenches for water run off.

We also found a new uphill section....we could go uphill for at least 500m:rolleyes:

Also in 2hrs of work we couldnt find the infamous "hole between two rocks"

Adamd - why didnt you tell us you were there, we were so close yet so far away:)

Adam

Last edited:

fairy1

Banned
It's definitely not a cosair
That's a good thing, Corsair has a new owner so my warranty claim may take a while. I hope you got a yellow driver 8, they look terrible.

I'm keen to give this new trail work a run on the weekend, shoult be fun back on the HT.

adamd

Likes Dirt
Also in 2hrs of work we couldnt find the infamous "hole between two rocks" - LMAO, that guy's a nob

Adamd - why didnt you tell us you were there, we were so close yet so far away - you weren't wearing my favourite perfume and you were all stinky

I'm not sure what sort of work you define by "We fixed some of the slats on pallet jump..."

I went back up it to undertake some methodoligical gyroscopic observational testing facilitated by the mass of a large object acting with force on an object of smaller mass whilst being hindered by the frictional effect of one surface's relationship to another interspersed with numerous significant and insignifcant points of reference that would temporarily alter the parameters of the subject matter.

OK, what I meant to say was I pushed up for another run while the others watched what line I was taking. In doing so I (too late it would seem) noticed the loose pallet boards that moved unexpectedly, flipped up allowing my leg to fall through the hole (and it scratched my leg a bit and it hurt a bit) while the other end of the pallet board flicked up and hit Blacky in the nuts! Nah, just kidding, I'm bored and have nothing better to do tonight other than write some crap here.

Actually I did walk back up and a couple of boards were loose under my feet and I did think you guys were slack ar$es and couldn't nail anything down for sh!t. And what did you do to the top rock drop? I think the wombat must have moved it coz I overjumped it by a mile on our first run and landed near the first step-down.

The build day was great too. The new stuff at the bottom needs to get riden for a while but will be a nice change.

Adam.

Last edited:

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Well if you found our loose slats then our aim was successful.
We did nothing to top a line - did you ride a glory on wkend and found the real speed as opposed to norco??????
Going xc tonite so will be doing quality assurance evaluations on your work...........of course all blame will now be directed at our new build boss.
I hope you guys got some uphill built....this is ourimbah:rolleyes:

Fairy - jacob got the girls one bike, pink one. Whats your new bike?
Think we should get crew togethere and hit up adamd's SHIT new section

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
That's a good thing, Corsair has a new owner so my warranty claim may take a while. I hope you got a yellow driver 8, they look terrible.

I'm keen to give this new trail work a run on the weekend, shoult be fun back on the HT.
What's next for a bike?? Which new trail ourimbah or the local one u have been building

fairy1

Banned
What's next for a bike?? Which new trail ourimbah or the local one u have been building
I want a K9 but I am broke so I 'm hoping Corsair give me a new front triangle or it will be hardtail riding for me for a while.

Ourimbah, Not sure what's happening with the local traisl haven't ridden there in a while.

BKelly

teh fast
Hey Guys,

Just got confirmation from Wayno G that the bobcat is booked in for this coming Saturday (24/4/10) at 8am at the bottom jumps.

Should be good to finish off the new line with some nice new berms/jumps! :D

Anyone that can make it and lend a hand would be greatly appreciated, please bring tools (including my shovel that went missing if you accidently picked it up). :(

We will also need some new "test pilots" as Wayno G is still recovering. ;)

Thanks
Brad

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

(including my shovel that went missing if you accidently picked it up). :(

We will also need some new "test pilots" as Wayno G is still recovering. ;)

Thanks
Brad
So thats why adamd keeps pm'ing me about buying a shovel off him.
Kim and i be test pilots as long as we dont have jump more than 2 inches off the ground:rolleyes:

adamd

Likes Dirt
...did you ride a glory on wkend and found the real speed as opposed to norco??????
It's because the dorco's so light. If I was riding the giant, I don't think I would have been able to pedal it down the hill fast enough to even get to the top of the rock let alone get over it.

So thats why adamd keeps pm'ing me about buying a shovel off him.
I told Brad to look for his shovel at your place but he's shy about asking you to bend over.

Kim and i be test pilots as long as we dont have jump more than 2 inches off the ground:rolleyes:
Don't worry nob-head - we made the track smooth enough for you to ride your esky lid down (and to keep Bannanarama happy!!)

Adam.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Bobcat Day

I should be able to make it up again - will try and bring a mate for some more helping hands and bring up Jimmy's wheel barrow too. How long do we have the bobcat for - all day ?:D
Adrian.

BKelly

teh fast
I should be able to make it up again - will try and bring a mate for some more helping hands and bring up Jimmy's wheel barrow too. How long do we have the bobcat for - all day ?:D
Adrian.
Cheers Adrian, nice work!

I'm not sure how long the bobcat dude can stay for, hopefully as long as we need him, in the past a couple of hours was all that was needed. I'd like to be able to "hit it on the head" and have it done by at least lunch (so we can ride it all arvo:D). But yeah I'll get up there in the next morning or so to make sure I know how best to attack it and what exactly needs doing.

See you there,
Thanks
Brad

nathanC

Likes Bikes
ill be there to help , but no chance ill be a test pilot . if a few others do turn up is there a plan to tidy up other bits of the track while the bobcat is working