VIC Old 90s somethingorother dually (sold)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Item: it's a bike of some description. Came with no stickers, but I've been told it may be an old raceline. Forks and groupset put it in the mid-late 90s somewhere. Steel front triangle with alloy rear triangle.
Item Condition: decent. Everything is working, not too badly even given its age. It had some pitting in the aluminium that I've partially sanded out, but it'll need more with to make it pristine.
Reason for selling: all out of room here and I'm just not going to use it
Price and price conditions: owes me about $40 or $50
Extra Info: was in pretty ratty condition when I got my hands on it, and my restoration isn't perfection because I just wasn't convinced it was worth putting heaps of time into. I've replaced the shifters/levers/cables/bars/stem/pedals/seat. I've sanded the worst of the pitting out of the aluminium and i've painted the front triangle. I replaced most of the rusty bolts and lubed the suspension so it does something. I still have the original bars and stem if wanted
Pictures: sure, but don't blame me if you need some alone time after viewing

Before:

After:

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Item: it's a bike of some description. Came with no stickers, but I've been told it may be an old raceline. Forks and groupset put it in the mid-late 90s somewhere. Steel front triangle with alloy rear triangle.
Item Condition: decent. Everything is working, not too badly even given its age. It had some pitting in the aluminium that I've partially sanded out, but it'll need more with to make it pristine.
Reason for selling: all out of room here and I'm just not going to use it
Price and price conditions: owes me about $40 or $50
Extra Info: was in pretty ratty condition when I got my hands on it, and my restoration isn't perfection because I just wasn't convinced it was worth putting heaps of time into. I've replaced the shifters/levers/cables/bars/stem/pedals/seat. I've sanded the worst of the pitting out of the aluminium and i've painted the front triangle. I replaced most of the rusty bolts and lubed the suspension so it does something. I still have the original bars and stem if wanted
Pictures: sure, but don't blame me if you need some alone time after viewing

Before:

After:

How much for the mullet bike in the background :)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Indy XC forks, I reckon. 1996 I think.
I came to a similar conclusion. 7x3 driveline and canti brakes with an impressive linkage for the rear too. I know they'd still use this stuff later on some bikes, but it's very likely a few years off the 2000 mark I figured.

moorey

call me Mia
I came to a similar conclusion. 7x3 driveline and canti brakes with an impressive linkage for the rear too. I know they'd still use this stuff later on some bikes, but it's very likely a few years off the 2000 mark I figured.

Nice work, BTW.

moorey

call me Mia
Actually...forks might be the dreaded Quadra 21r, not Indy. They came on my spanking new Raceline Xtreme sport xc...1995/96 IIRC. My Indy were black.
Google says 96

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Actually...forks might be the dreaded Quadra 21r, not Indy. They came on my spanking new Raceline Xtreme sport xc...1995/96 IIRC. My Indy were black.
Google says 96View attachment 370360
Wasn't paying attention, yep they're quadras. I have some Indy's on the shelf in yellow but no canti cable thingo.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Google says 96View attachment 370360
My thoughts went straight to Quadra's not Indy's..
you can tell by the brake brace (dreaded canti's not Vee)
either way, collectible to the right person...the sale price is realistic for the sum of its parts
GLWS

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I can post if you really want. It'll cost more than the bike is worth, but it can be done

Yeah that's what I was thinking, thought it would be a fun commuter though.

i could possibly help get it to wagga
Probably still to much effort for what it's worth but thanks for the thought. If I can think of a reason to go to Wagga I'll flick you a message.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
@Plankosaurus

One of those frames came up for discussion in the Vintage thread, the verdict was either KHS, Apollo or Raceline