Oakley Photochromic sunglasses

avanti_rider

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has used these lenses to good effect? Im going to get a, second pair of m frames for work/riding, and I trying to decide if they are worth the coin.
Does anyone have positive or negative experiences with the oakley lens? I have seen cheaper ones (bbb) and they didn't get as dark as I would have liked.
Cheers in advance!

markusm

Likes Bikes
I have them and find them to be great. They don't really go dark enough for me for driving though but if they are just going to be your riding glasses you'll love them.

crowash

Likes Dirt
I have them and find them to be great. They don't really go dark enough for me for driving though but if they are just going to be your riding glasses you'll love them.
I'm using Oakley frames with Drivewear... They are perfect for both driving and riding as they go dark even when you don;t have direct sunlight and lighten really well, you can ride in really low light conditions. Plus the added advantage of cycling with Prescription lenses so i can actually see. Very pricey but worth every cent.

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
Use them and love 'em. Work in all but the lowest light and perfect for days when the conditions change.

PJS

Likes Dirt
Not the brand you asked about, but bought some Tifosi glasses with clear lenses which were photochromic. 18%-80% or something like that. A few different glasses sizes. Around $65. Seem to get rid of vapour well too (hate fogging!)

bh78

Likes Dirt
I've got a set of the oakley's and endura photochromic glasses. Both are great. Would be great if the oakley's went a bit darker though.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Photocromic will never be dark enough especially not if they start clear. Ideally these lenses are for the bush where the glare should be a little less.

I'd also like to 2nd the Drivewear lens. Not only is it Transition( photocromic) they are also Polarising. They start off around 55% & do go to 80-85 % light cut out. However i would say they are too dark to ride at night. Visual clarity is exceptional in the drivewear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
None of these lenses are suitable for daytime AND nightime - i love the idea of daytime photochromic, as going from open grass to deep canopy is pretty common, and its that change where sunnies can be a little dangerous - I find with sunnies i lose the depth perception and have to slow when it darkens under a canopy.

Just had a look at the tifosi's on ebay - they look the business, especially without the Oakley stratospheric pricing model.