NO-WAY! Ryan Leech , 8mm cable ride.

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
WOW. Just WOW.
Trails progression is amazing these days!
I wonder what kind of tires he used for that?
Great post, but Norcos media player is horrible :eek:

sprocket

Likes Dirt
yeah ryan is on of the best riders to have ever gotten on a MTB bike.. when he was in OZ a few years ago i remember seeing his riding first hand and was blown away, he sees lines and places too ride us mere mortals would just ride past... and as he says balance is the first thing ya learn but the last thing you master....

he has proven to be a inspiration to my son and what he has done for the sport is amazing

he is a true master

Dug

Likes Dirt
This guy never ceses to amaze. Simply one of the best in the world. His Mastering the art of trials DVD is a real good primmer for anyone thinking of getting into trials.... Come to think of it anyone who wants to have more fun on their bike

tmarsh

Likes Dirt
oh far out man Ryan Leech is the best rider ever!!!
I realise that Ryan Leech is a pretty special athlete, but is he really the best trials rider in the world at the moment? I'm not trying to shit-stir, but I'm really curious. Are there any riders in the competitive circuit as opposed to the demonstration circuit who would be in the same league?

tba

Likes Dirt
Anyone checked out the other vids on that site??? i.e. trailers for the new dvd Crux

Looks insane. Can't wait to get it :)

Povi

Likes Dirt
I realise that Ryan Leech is a pretty special athlete, but is he really the best trials rider in the world at the moment? I'm not trying to shit-stir, but I'm really curious. Are there any riders in the competitive circuit as opposed to the demonstration circuit who would be in the same league?
ryan leech is by far not the best rider in the world. BY FAR.
competition riders do the most insane, technical sections ryan could not even begin to comprehend riding.
riders such as TRA or Tomas Ohler go 100000x bigger then ryan and are pushing the limits of the sport.
the street riders (UK in particular) are giving more style and trick lines then ryan leech.

hes just a loud mouth.

ryan leech is by far not the best rider in the world. BY FAR.
competition riders do the most insane, technical sections ryan could not even begin to comprehend riding.
riders such as TRA or Tomas Ohler go 100000x bigger then ryan and are pushing the limits of the sport.
the street riders (UK in particular) are giving more style and trick lines then ryan leech.

hes just a loud mouth.
I'm sorry i have to disagree fairly severely here.

You're correct in saying he's not the best rider. However to say the comp riders do tech sections Ryan couldn't comprehend is purely incorrect. An example of this is a video i have of a world's round in Cologne from maybe 2 years ago. There is a very short round rail to ride along (1 1/2 bike lengths max). Hosel, Belaey, Vinco and Benito all crash on it repeatedly. Ryan would eat it up everytime.

Sure he can't go as big as the pros but i suggest you look at some of his riding and actually think about the gaps he's doing. They're bigger than his smooth style makes them look.

So yes I agree he's not the best in the world but he doesn't pretend to be either.

And could you please back up the statement that he's a loud mouth with an example. I'm yet to run into anyone who's actually met Ryan who had anything but praise for him.

Jack... now ill go back to watching Crux...

sketchylanding

Likes Bikes
I can imagine myself hucking a monster drop, or nailing a nasty dh section like Sam Hill, but I could never picture myself riding anything even vaguely like Ryan Leech. He's a master and even though he gets a lot of coverage, he is always a pleasure to watch.

greasy reas

Likes Dirt
Ryan is a hell good rider but i think the thing that holds back his ability is the use of forks on the bike, if he had a rigid trials bike i think he would be able to improve more in attacking certain trials lines and moves, but due probly to his style of riding he has suspesion as he seems to do alot of street and trials in a mix in dvds.
BUT FARKIN WHO RIDES A 8MM CABLE A BLOODY GOOD RIDER

Viv92

Eats Squid
How come he uses suspension forks anyway? Since everyone else uses rigid it seems weird, and what advantage do they give. Knowing nothing about trials though, why are rigids better?

If he's that good I'd like to see what the top UCI competition guys are doing. :eek:

Is it like comparing a freerider to a DH racer?