Niggling 'injury' whinge

The 'years of discomfort' would have had me there long ago. The tingling may be a trapped nerve... It's great getting old.
the nerve tingling has only been in the last couple of months so actually not my usual period of neglect.

The main discomfort I've experienced was a tightness in the calf muscle (well what I call a calf muscle, not the stupendous mangoes Poods has), it used to keep me awake at night. It was weird, whilst the feeling was of tightness the muscle itself was not tensed up, so I guess not the muscle at all.

Biggest issue of all has been that neither Doogie or Doogette Howser at home (two kids doing medical science) have been helpful at all. But that's probably coz they are sick of my "Doctor, there's a giant crack in my butt" routine

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Not strictly an injury but my QL is forever getting tighter and tighter. Nowadays an hour throwing the bike around and it's stiff as hell. Tried stretching and all that, makes it manageable and can ride longer, but at some point rekon it's just gonna seize up lol

Jabubu

let you google that for me
It's been a year but finally my leg feels back to normal - now I have a searing pain in my left shoulder if I stretch for something or move it behind my back.. rotator cuff tear?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I have a similar sentiment. A few months ago I saw a quack about really sore fingers. Got x-rays, ultrasounds, bloods etc. Get the results back & doc reels off a whole list of shit going wrong, and almost as an afterthought, "there's also early-stage arthritis in one knuckle, and the one next to it isn't far behind". I'm only 46, I'm not that fuckin' old!!!!
So today I noticed for the first time that I can plainly see the lump on my offending knuckle. If I lay my hands out flat, the left (reasonably un-fucked-up) hand has a nice relatively straight line along the tops of my fingers to the back of the hand; the right has a 2-3mm speed bump on the knuckle at the base of the middle finger! :( Most of the other shit (tendinitis & other joint inflammation) that I originally went to get looked at has recovered, but the cartilage damage and arthritis remain, and will only go one way - worse.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Maybe no trail riding for a while?

Intrasubstance tear of the posterior supraspinatus tendon and tendinosis of infraspinatus
Mild subacromial/subdeltoid bursitis with impingment.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Maybe no trail riding for a while?

Intrasubstance tear of the posterior supraspinatus tendon and tendinosis of infraspinatus
Mild subacromial/subdeltoid bursitis with impingment.
1706521168550.gif

I presume that’s bad? Hope your back on the bike soon.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That dent in my arm I did riding @Jabubu's bike in 2021 has stuck around, I barely notice it but the muscle feels tighter in that area if flex it hard.

My old man reckons the fat can take years to go back in where it got squeezed out but it hasn't at all yet. I don't wear the Garmin watch anymore.

Hard to take a pic, you'just have to see it if we catch up and also feel it because it is quite weird and gives a better depth perception than just viewing. It's just an overall weird injury. Fuck it hurt on the day.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Oh I forgot my meniscus tear that was 2 years ago is pretty good, I still don't do stripper squats but now to a good depth and it stopped clicking.

@Minlak another shout for the theragun recommendation, it's the best because it loosens everything after a big leg workout so you don't end up tweaking stiff and sore muscles, and has helped with the knee and back recovery.