Newly Released Suspension & Components General

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I have a longish for height torso, so when the pack was on and worn securely to my back it felt like it rode too high. The waist straps came around too high on my torso. Some of the straps were elasticised and I could feel that flexing as I got around. I gave it a fair go, used it for a good many days of snowboarding. It didn't get a run loaded with all the weight I normally take riding. Sold it on to one of my clients in japan who was very happy with it. He is a lean fellow and a fair bit shorter than I am.

No qualms about thr quality of the pack. It was a well manufactured piece of gear. It was to replace an evoc that gave me a lot of good years. I now have an osprey that I am not entirely happy with. The quest continues. Many years ago I had a pack from Kathmandu designed for use on snow. It was a lot longer than most packs I see these days. Oh how I yearn for another like it.

I am not a tall person either.
I found the pack rode up real high too. For the $ outlay I wasn't willing to chance the possibility of it coming over my head on steep descents (my mate had a USWE pack and reckoned this was why he sold it but he only told me about this after I had bought it) so I returned it and defaulted to stuffing my pockets with food instead.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I found the pack rode up real high too. For the $ outlay I wasn't willing to chance the possibility of it coming over my head on steep descents (my mate had a USWE pack and reckoned this was why he sold it but he only told me about this after I had bought it) so I returned it and defaulted to stuffing my pockets with food instead.

Yep. I was being pretty radical on the snow and it was just bumming me out dude.

On trail I have a fairly sleek pack that I don't know the brand of that works a treat.

teK--

Eats Squid
I have a longish for height torso, so when the pack was on and worn securely to my back it felt like it rode too high. The waist straps came around too high on my torso. Some of the straps were elasticised and I could feel that flexing as I got around. I gave it a fair go, used it for a good many days of snowboarding. It didn't get a run loaded with all the weight I normally take riding. Sold it on to one of my clients in japan who was very happy with it. He is a lean fellow and a fair bit shorter than I am.

No qualms about thr quality of the pack. It was a well manufactured piece of gear. It was to replace an evoc that gave me a lot of good years. I now have an osprey that I am not entirely happy with. The quest continues. Many years ago I had a pack from Kathmandu designed for use on snow. It was a lot longer than most packs I see these days. Oh how I yearn for another like it.

I am not a tall person either.
Depending on your upper body size and preference you may find it easier either running the small size harness and running the adjusters wound all the way out, or run the large harness and wind the adjusters all the way in. The bag comes with the larger sized harness by default.

I actually preferred having the bag sit higher up when I used it at the snow, as I spend more time on my arse than seasoned snowboarders haha.

On the bike though I am getting a bit over having a sweaty back in Summer, and after 6 seasons on the Uswe I recently bought a hip pack to see if I can resolve that issue. Funny you mention age as a pre requisite for hip packs. I think I am old enough now!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I actually preferred having the bag sit higher up when I used it at the snow, as I spend more time on my arse than seasoned snowboarders haha.
I spend my fair share of time on my arse.

I like my pack and waist straps to sit low, just on the top of my hips. This keeps the bottom of the pack from pushing into the small of my back and low enough not to hook up on the chairlift. Saying that though, I have not had my bag hook up on a chairlift before. I have seen it happen though and it was some of the funniest shit I've seen on snow. A really old chair with a fast return, a fat middle aged Australian of low skill, and knee deep snow. He was on the chair in front of me and gingerly came off the seat...which swiftly swung around and hooked his pack (which was not secured around his waist, only shoulder straps and perhaps a sternum strap) then pushed him over face first into the snow and dragged him until he tripped the emergency bar on the way past. The lifty (an old Japanese guy) was so busy laughing he didn't hit the stop button!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
BikeYoke Revive 3.0 more of a 2.5 - changed the seat clamp and bottom actuator to save 15mm of length. Given how long the posts are really no difference, the new actuator is nice though and a cool silver limited edition model.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
New Suntour 38 forks. LSC and rebound adjustable only and wider. Promising better tolerances on bushings too sounds like DVOs new offerings. I would say this gonna be heavy.

The top end Suntour forks are great. My Durolux has been faultless and feels great - can think of much you could pick up for the same price that would be as good.
An Auron 36 would be high on the list if I replaced it - plus the new graphics look great too!

Much chuckling. I am neither old enough nor lame enough for a bum bag.
Triggered.
I love the Henty - backpacks make me too sweaty and bumbags won’t sit well around my gut so the Henty works really well for me!