Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Might have been mentioned already not sure but this is cool. The pinion gearbox now has the smart shift for non e-bikes now. Gone is the grip shift for normal paddles and gears can be changed stationary, peddling and under load.
so most of the sticking points of the old system have been erased.
Not sure I hate the old rear mech enough to buy in but would love to try the new system.
A few Zerodes at the NZ MTB Rally had the smart shift. A carpark spin it seems to work pretty smoothly.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Correct, a main sponsor. For sure! Definitely more difficult than Trans NZ.
Definitely sounded a step up terms of difficulty etc. I think Megan is going to have to step up her game a bit after seeing the media from the Rally.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Definitely sounded a step up terms of difficulty etc. I think Megan is going to have to step up her game a bit after seeing the media from the Rally.
I was surprised she didn't make you guys go up to the Ben Lomond Saddle in QT.. the top part of the track had a major refurb this year and was running sweet. (The bit along the ridge in the vid @fjohn posted up somewhere)

Jpez

Down on the left!
I was surprised she didn't make you guys go up to the Ben Lomond Saddle in QT.. the top part of the track had a major refurb this year and was running sweet. (The bit along the ridge in the vid @fjohn posted up somewhere)
I’m not sure why. Bit disappointed in that myself.
A couple of choppers were depositing Dunne, Jones and crew and Vali and the girls in another chopper at the top as we were halfway up. Maybe the VIP’s had told her they didn’t want to be annoyed by us pathetic sweaty souls slugging our way up the hill. I know I wouldn’t.
They made the last stage Salmon Run this year so maybe that had something to do with it.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
New dual crown ‘Enduro’ fork from Formula. Interesting catergory as the only other one I can think of is the MRP Bartlett. Not sure how many enduro bikes are dual crown rated either And not the most glowing review from Pinkbike. Still - cool looking fork surprised they didn’t go their triple air setup.

shiny

His only real gripes were stiff off the top from full extension from touching down after a jump and steering lock. Otherwise not a bad review.

I guess formula aren't paying PB the correct incentives...
It’s not a Fox 38 ;) steering lock is a weird one. Mate mucked around with a modded Boxxer on his trail bike. Never had any issues with tight turns up or down. Maybe we just don’t have those crazy sharp turns of Euro trails for it to be an issue.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Not new but a limited colour run. If they did this to the Mezzer my credit card is going to have to be hidden.

Wow. Want.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
His only real gripes were stiff off the top from full extension from touching down after a jump and steering lock. Otherwise not a bad review.

I guess formula aren't paying PB the correct incentives...
the RAAW Madonna v3 is dual crown compatible and Pink bike raved about that.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Never had any issues with tight turns up or down. Maybe we just don’t have those crazy sharp turns of Euro trails for it to be an issue.
Single-track turns aren't an issue but I do miss riding the torturous path around the fences when crossing a railway line. It's forced me to dismount on the tighter ones like the warning signs say.
Not happening on a slack dual crown fork with 50° steering in each direction.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Single-track turns aren't an issue but I do miss riding the torturous path around the fences when crossing a railway line. It's forced me to dismount on the tighter ones like the warning signs say.
I do find those crossings ridiculous, as especially in Tassie where the train doesn't do more than about 60kph and see and hear it coming for miles and you have this convoluted crossing setup, with big "Cyclists Must Dismount" signs but you can cross a road with a 100kph speed limit with no restrictions at all. :rolleyes:

shiny

I walk those and had a bush care bloke comment that it was the first time he has seen a cyclist walk instead of ride. Rather not play roulette with a passenger or goods train.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Rather not play roulette with a passenger or goods train.
The city ones are all auto gates, up in the hills you can hear and see that big diesel triple engine goods train coming a mile away. Just as well you ride MTB and don't have to cross a road without a zebra crossing ;)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I walk those and had a bush care bloke comment that it was the first time he has seen a cyclist walk instead of ride. Rather not play roulette with a passenger or goods train.
So, no good at track stands then? ;)

Many of my riding mates are very jealous of how long I can remain stationary.

shiny

So, no good at track stands then?

Many of my riding mates are very jealous of how long I can remain stationary.
Haha. i can track stand for a very short time then things get wobbly.

The city ones are all auto gates, up in the hills you can hear and see that big diesel triple engine goods train coming a mile away. Just as well you ride MTB and don't have to cross a road without a zebra crossing ;)
Zebra crossing. That’s asking for trouble. Dedicated pedestrian crossing with lights thank you.;)