Newly Released Suspension & Components General

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Anyone keen to put a coil spring in their Mezzer?
Reversible back to air and not too silly priced..… 2500 grams give or take…. starts pondering.

EDIT:
Not included Vorsprung Smashpot inner & outer assembly with coil spring
OR complete Smashpot assembly for any other fork (top cap and foot stud get replaced with Shockcraft parts in conversion kit)

so not so cheap after all.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
One Up v3 dropper. Lighter and more betterer - apparently. $315 USD straight coversion is $475 but may be come in cheaper. Paid less for my Bike Yoke. ;)

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Better option IMO, my Bike Yoke has 3500km on it and as smooth as it was new and never been touched, the 2 x OneUps need a service about every 750km.

V3 may be better at 350hrs :cool:
I agree - they stay smooth over time compared with a cartridge post and are virtually maintenance free. Picked up a new 185mm Bike Yoke a couple of years back when MTBD had a decent sale on - cost about the same as a OneUp at the time from memory. Have a V1 OneUp on a bike too, which leaks air over time and needs a good clean every now and then. Both posts are very easy to service and I like that you can buy all the small bits and pieces for Bike Yoke posts from ze Germans, or MTBD when they have stock.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I agree - they stay smooth over time compared with a cartridge post and are virtually maintenance free. Picked up a new 185mm Bike Yoke a couple of years back when MTBD had a decent sale on - cost about the same as a OneUp at the time from memory. Have a V1 OneUp on a bike too, which leaks air over time and needs a good clean every now and then. Both posts are very easy to service and I like that you can buy all the small bits and pieces for Bike Yoke posts from ze Germans, or MTBD when they have stock.
Mine are both V2's and have never lost air but they get claggy and the grease in the slideway gets full of crap. Easily serviced but a pain when you are riding and discover they need a service. I have a tub of Bike Yoke dropper goo that I owned before I got the BY post, unscrewing the OneUp collar and stuffing it with dropper goo makes it last longer between services.

To be honest, the dropper goo looks and feels exactly like Slikoleum.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Mine are both V2's and have never lost air but they get claggy and the grease in the slideway gets full of crap. Easily serviced but a pain when you are riding and discover they need a service. I have a tub of Bike Yoke dropper goo that I owned before I got the BY post, unscrewing the OneUp collar and stuffing it with dropper goo makes it last longer between services.

To be honest, the dropper goo looks and feels exactly like Slikoleum.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
The Mezzer damper is awesome and would probably work well with a coil spring... but the tunability of the air spring with the main chamber and the 2nd is awesome. I would be hesitant to give that up.
Given it's fully reversible it might be time to insert that 'why not both' girl.

Good to have options.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Both the hydraulic bottom out and the dampers that keep it riding high they would be some of the best choices for a coil conversion...