Newly Released Bikes General

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I love the style of those Atherton frames, straight round tubes, clean lines, weagle suspension.

Would definitely be a dream frame for me, except for having Atherton written on it though. I’d like to have some real world demonstrated reliability and warranty reputation before ever considering a purchase though.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-six-months-on-structures-wild-looking-cycleworks-scw-1.html

I think this is the first review I have read where a new product was given such decisive praise.

"Let's get straight to it: The linkage suspension on the front of the SCW feels impossibly smooth throughout its travel, almost enough to make me think conventional forks are filled with a 50/50 mixture of sand and maple syrup for lube. And it's not just at the top of the stroke where we think it matters, but throughout the entire range of travel. That's leverage at work, with a telescoping fork being one-to-one and this, much like your bike's rear-suspension, definitely not; the friction of the shock's seals seems close to non-existent".

Is this the future of mtb?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I looked at it and thought it made little sense. Then I thought about it and feel it makes perfect sense.

What I actually thought was increasing travel, stack height and sensitivity would be so much easier. It just looks different.

poita

Likes Dirt
People seem to need instant gratification and hate having to go through any struggle/effort to get good at anything. Its not just ze Germans. My local trails are full of emtb fuckwads preaching the whole "but i can ride further in the same time period" bullshit. You cunts arent riding harder though are ya? You're still portly fkn middle aged blokes who havent raised a sweat and skid, stiff armed, into every corner with your 30kg battery bikes. No amount of santa cruz "E" is gonna make up for your ineptidude and lack of moderate fitness. Just learn to pedal FFS.
QFT

poita

Likes Dirt
Appreciate what the Atherton's are doing, but £3400 converted to AUD is eye wateringly expensive frame only. Not identical and obviously a roadie tax, but how much is a Bastion?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Appreciate what the Atherton's are doing, but £3400 converted to AUD is eye wateringly expensive frame only. Not identical and obviously a roadie tax, but how much is a Bastion?
It is, but given the level of technology involved and the fact that its at the very outer edge of boutique, its not so bad. Paying over $12k for a Giant on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Litenbror

Eats Squid
looks the goods, if only i could afford
Cheaper than an Atherton

It is, but given the level of technology involved and the fact that its at the very outer edge of boutique, its not so bad. Paying over $12k for a Giant on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Talk about outer edge of boutique and cutting edge technology the Atherton looks like a giant compared to the SCW and it's a good couple of hundred more for just the frame, they are taking the piss a little.