Newly Released Bikes General

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Which bit isn’t? I guess the tyres are ok, but too big still.
Well compared to say a HaiBike or any of the current e bikes that look they are carrying a baby in their downtube this a bit more balanced looking but nothing Ike their other bikes.

moorey

call me Mia
Well compared to say a HaiBike or any of the current e bikes that look they are carrying a baby in their downtube this a bit more balanced looking but nothing Ike their other bikes.
I haven’t looked at prices of either….but surely we are looking at 2x the price, maybe 3?

moorey

call me Mia
Dont bring logic into this :p Fair point. Still an e so a no from me.
I’m right with you. You don’t always have to pay a premium for looks though.
There’s no such thing as an attractive ebike. Some of the more expensive offerings use a smaller battery to reduce to ugliness, but their full noise bikes are as bad or worse than the rest.

moorey

call me Mia
Probably shouldnt judge ebikes by non e standards.
Do think the geometry is getting to the silly stage.
The pendulum has swung about as far as practical.
There are equally ugly acoustic bikes. Don’t get me wrong, I just don’t think some companies are trying hard enough. Don’t forget, we have an Eeeeeeeee, 2 actually. The one we bought last year for my daughter to race was probably one of the best value out there, and far less offensive looking than most. Bought it for the spec, but it helped that it wasn’t as ugly as most in my opinion.
As far as geometry goes, I agree with you, and the super slack trend doesn’t suit everyone. Felix had to borrow my bike for the last race, and one of the things he didn’t like was how it steered. His regular bike has very conservative geometry compared to most, and it suits him to the ground.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
the super slack trend doesn’t suit everyone.
Super slack is just a trend thats gone too far , as I said the capitalism pendulum has to swing too far then come back .
Noticable in all fashions baggy pant.
Do think more competent riders like Felix can steer much quicker with something more conservative like 67-68 degrees.

moorey

call me Mia
Super slack is just a trend thats gone too far , as I said the capitalism pendulum has to swing too far then come back .
Noticable in all fashions baggy pant.
Do think more competent riders like Felix can steer much quicker with something more conservative like 67-68 degrees.
Not that steep, but 65ish seems like his sweet spot for racing.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The current pricing for SC, Pivot, Specialized, and Yeti can eat a bag of dicks.
Alright I'll bite - casual Google search reveals pricing for carbon frame only options (if you can find any stock) are pretty line ball across the board - you won't get much (if any) change from $6k with Ripmos etc. now $6400, S Works Enduro $5800, Pivot Switchblade frame (with carbon cranks included for some reason) is $6500. Transition are looking pretty good - except stock doesn't exist here.

TL/DR: buy a Nukeproof. They're cheap.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Meh. My 4 year old Pole Evolink has similar numbers but cost me 1/3 of the price. Has similar weight even with tyre inserts.

The current pricing for SC, Pivot, Specialized, and Yeti can eat a bag of dicks.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Pole pricing was far from cheap 4 years ago

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Meh. My 4 year old Pole Evolink has similar numbers but cost me 1/3 of the price. Has similar weight even with tyre inserts.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Maybe with all the money they are making they can buy a big bag to share?