Newly Released Bikes General

Brow

Big Block
Pity about the douchebag company that makes it, the douchebag dentists that will ride it, the douchebag proprietry parts, and the douchebag price.

Does that accurately sum it up? I feel like I was holding back a bit.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Let it out @Oddjob, if nothing else it might make you feel better.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Pity about the douchebag company that makes it, the douchebag dentists that will ride it, the douchebag proprietry parts, and the douchebag price.

The 'big S' normally leave me scratching my head, but this one seems somewhat more reasonable. Mostly standard components, good and very adjustable geo, and the Fox/Shimano SLX build kit on the base model is a really solid spec. Would be hard pressed to find a reason to "upgrade" just for GX 12sp or some Kashima coat.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know it's not cool to be down with the Big S round these parts (largely for good reason), but if this bike was by any other manufacturer there would be significant froth. Many versatilities. Also 448mm chainstays in the two largest sizes @The Reverend
Agreed. Looks like a great bike, but I see that S on the frame and just start looking at what else is out there.
Would really like to take one out for a test ride.

Edit - having said that $5k for a frame is pretty nuts, and at $6.900 for the Comp version I'd probably be looking elsewhere

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Edit - having said that $5k for a frame is pretty nuts
Yeah sadly $5k+ seems to be the going rate for a carbon FS frame with a trail or heavy duty shock on it these days. Unless you want a Santa Cruz. Then it's $6k.

Only stuff I've seen cheaper is Guerilla Gravity frames for around $4k plus delivery, but that's sans a shock.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know it's not cool to be down with the Big S round these parts (largely for good reason), but if this bike was by any other manufacturer there would be significant froth. Many versatilities. Also 448mm chainstays in the two largest sizes @The Reverend
Yep, I saw that. It's a decent looking bike and it's great to see that rear centre growing with size. Trek, I'm looking at you.

I'm definitely keen to see what Forbidden come up with as they have something in the wings in the LT29" category.

If I can get past it not being aluminium and Banshee it could be interesting. The idea of a rearward axle path smoothness.. hmmmm.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Those boys at Stratos were asking for it!!!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'm definitely keen to see what Forbidden come up with as they have something in the wings in the LT29" category.
Yep, also watching that space with extreme interest. Only concern is it might be a bit inert on anything not vertical. I like my long travel bikes to be versatile and still fun on mellower terrain.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I assume we've all seen this? Some brilliant film making in here. Whatever you think of Spec they do this shit well. If an ad makes you want to go ride your bike then they've done well. The only thing they could do better was make me want to ride their bike. And they came close.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pretty sure kirt Voreis did the wise old (naked maybe) sage for niner a while ago.

Good riding though. Shame we will all be the age of the old guy by the time Spesh 2020 are ready.