New ipod Nano's

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Like the new colours, they go sick!
As for the shape they have gone back to the shitty 2nd Gen Shape
and I hate that one!!! :mad:
I have a 3rd Gen, got a sweet case of eBay. Is an American $100 bill graphic.
Looks the goods, would n't trade it for a new one. I will just stick with what I've got as I'm happy with it.

Well IMO it looks like crap, mainly because its too thin and tall. But geez you gotta admire the way apple can fit so much into something so small.

But until Apple make a NO lag ipod and stop controlling the price then i might buy one.
Anorexic iPod!!!!! LOL

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Pity that out of all the audio I've heard, the ipods rate the worst. If the audio processing has improved I might get one, but WMA file support is currently a favourite, and Sony's stuff isn't bad at all, or Iriver. Comprehensive EQ = gold.

Yeah, just looked at it properly, it's all bling and trinkets. I like music, not shakeability and colour screens.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Pity that out of all the audio I've heard, the ipods rate the worst. If the audio processing has improved I might get one, but WMA file support is currently a favourite, and Sony's stuff isn't bad at all, or Iriver. Comprehensive EQ = gold.

Yeah, just looked at it properly, it's all bling and trinkets. I like music, not shakeability and colour screens.
Well.... arguably, you're just comparing various shades of shit if you're just listening to compressed mp3s or wmas on a mobile device anyway. I certainly notice a HUGE improvement listening to stuff I've ripped myself into a lossless format and it's honestly not too much worse than the CD out of my hifi.

I do know that one of the previous generation Nanos was very highly regarded by audiophiles for its SQ (whereas none of it's HDD based brothers were). Not sure if that holds with current gen stuff.

Whilst I'm not overly enamoured of the SQ from my iPhone I wouldn't really expect too much from such a device.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Very true. If I'm goin for a ride or doing something physical with it, I'll listen to WMAs just because I can fit more in, but if I really want to listen to a song, lossless is the only way to go.

alexMc

Likes Dirt
I personally really like them, the accelerometer on the nano is really cool.
We received our stock today, all the colors are awesome, as well as the new touch packaging.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I love how in Apples ad display (see first post) they try and make it all seem hip and groovy with artists like datarock, the new york dolls, calvin harris (1st mistake there but he does soundtrack one of their ads) and interpol displayed on the screens, then they go and slip James f***ing Blunt in there!

Epic. Fail.

:p

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
I kinda like them. Then again, even if I didn't like them you've gotta respect anything Jonathan Ive does anyway. The mans a design god.

$$Noble$$

Likes Dirt
yer great features but the new look i hate it. i want something that at first glance it looks new and exciting not like the ipod classics but then again it might grow on me like the past one did.

jarrad7

Likes Dirt
Well.
I dropped my mp3 player and it shat itself, so I went to Dick Smiths straight away and ended up buying an 8gb nano for $199 (wtf? had a $1 coin floating around in my pocket all day)
All i can say is, itunes pisses me off, the ipod itself is ok, love the size and weight. The shake shuffle thing whatever it is is annoying.
Sound is good.
Overall 8/10 for looks, 6/10 for operation system, 1/10 for itunes.

oh and i got silver, couldnt go with emo black, poofy pink, manly purple or baby blue:p

Jarrad

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would get one but the idea of having to store everything on itunes is kinda queer for those of us who dont have mega memory on our computers