National #1 Cairns

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How many riders are we looking at hosting for the first round of the national series in Cairns, and how many do you know of that dont have online access?
This is going to be a sick event, and the after party you ask? My head is hurting already!!!

cuz81

Likes Dirt
well i think I'll go.just got to work out transport.relatives small turbo car has no room for DH bike.
.is there any entry forms up yet anywhere?

Yowie

Likes Dirt
Entry forms will be out in the next day or so. Anyone looking at coming up and staying at the Cairns Beach House had better book soon as they are filling up fast. This will also be the venue for the after party and the after party party and the after party party party, and is sure to have a great vibe going on. The event media release was held today at AJ Hackett's and the Cairns Mountain Bike Club site, it was a great day and those lucky enough to see the news footage in the next couple of days will see Dennis Beare, Ezra Bartholdt and Mark Harvey ripping up the MTX track and Mark flipping his bike off the bungy tower.

MadMatt

The MiniMan
I`m a happening...booked & paid for the flights,,,hired a car allready,,,have a place to stay sorted, will just have to pack the bikes & go

all i need now is to learn how to ride :)

might just have to stay up all night on the after party tho,,,cause the plane ride home is the next morning at 6.30am :-( ah well,,,

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe we should arrange a town ride and get some happy snaps an stuff if we get a decent crowd? another show of hands.... :?:

GordonG

Likes Dirt
M PWR said:
How far is the track from cairns anyone know in km's?

-Sean
About 15k north (very roughly - it's only a short drive 'cos we haven't any traffic). All details are on the front page of the entry form.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
question.

i cant make the first round of the DH Nationals because of work commitments. is it too late to join the circuit in say round two or three as a competitor that wants to race, but not for points?

or do you have to race the entire series in order to compete in each event.

W2ttsy

Shaun

Likes Dirt
W2ttsy said:
question.

i cant make the first round of the DH Nationals because of work commitments. is it too late to join the circuit in say round two or three as a competitor that wants to race, but not for points?

or do you have to race the entire series in order to compete in each event.

W2ttsy
nah mate, you don't have to go to all of em.

i can only get to thredbo and lithgow :evil: I'll have to make em count :lol:

GordonG

Likes Dirt
Shaun is right - you turn up to the ones you can get to, and see if you can make enough points to make it interesting while you are having fun. You race for points regardless - there's no "social" section, not up here anyway. Just do what you can but remember - you would have loved being in Cairns!

:)

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
thanks for clearing that up.

i iwas hoping for that to be the case. i was worried that you may need X number of points to advance to each round (so they can cut rider numbers down) but if you can race the whole series without that hastle then thats cool.

i didnt mean riding for a social occasion (cos i can do that at home) i was just wondering if i needed to have a certain amount of points to race in each race.

of course, i will make the best of each event i enter.

thanks

W2ttsy

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
someone mentioned to me that its bazza's birthday on the sunday? hrmmmm interesting