My ultimate bike combo

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I have been riding mtb for many years and have at one point or another been a XC guy or a DH rider having gone through 'phases' of only riding the one discipline. But in the last probably 6 or so years I have been enjoying all forms of riding and hence have tried to have a 'do it all' bike - I have gone through several 150-160mm travel 'enduro'bikes. The riding I do ranges from 40-50km trail riding (like Frorest, You Yangs etc) through to shuttle days (Bright, Buller etc). I found that the bikes I was on were always a bit of a compromise - good not great at climbing and good on the downhills, but still not enough for big hits and rough rock gardens. Then one day I rode a mates 'new breed' 170mm travel bike and decided I needed one and then could justify a smaller travel bike for 'day to day' trail riding. Anyway I'm lucky that I have an understanding wife (our wedding vows included allowing me free reign on bike purchases). So i entered the world of choosing my 2 ultimate bikes (within a price range) - the Yeti SB4.5 and the Canyon Torque CF8.0.

The Yeti is set up with Fox factory shock/fork/dropper (115mm rear travel, 140mm front), GX Eagle components, hand built DT Swiss wheels, Race Face Next carbon bar and stem and Code brakes.

The Canyon is the 2019 model Torque and is as per factory spec - 180mm front/175mm rear travel (Fox Performance Elite), X01 Eagle drivetrain, Transfer dropper, Code brakes and DT Swiss E1700 wheels. (I have since sorted out the brake cable on the Canyon...)
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1941.jpg

I'm pretty stoked!