Music Observation

Jacko Wacko

Banned
I wouldn't give a shit if my friends hated the music i like.
just do what you want and be your self when it comes to stuff like this!
(now that statement was punk)

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
FUCK AUTHORITY! now THAT was really punk!

anywaho, all of you punk bitches (myself included) need top listen to more sex pistols, ramones, jilted john, radio birdman etc etc etc.. and school their asses back intot eh old school where all the action is!

and Caine, i believe your sig is meant to read "drink, drank, drunk, punk"

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jacko wacko 69 said:
Children of Bodom suck balls! "worst band ever"

Ramones rock... pinhead is the best song
psshhhhh... CHildren of Bodom WOULD be good if they werent oversynthed (shudder)
grindcore and old school metal for life!

Rik

logged out
The "fantasy" aspect of the keyboard overuse is what gives them their uniqueness... And that's one thing that was mentioned in this thread, the monotony of some metal soundtracks. Variety is the spice of curries, and life :)

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes, but a band like sayyy..... rhapsody manages to achieve that same effect in a completely unobtrusive manner.

ahh well, I see what you mean. COB's guitarist is a nutbar.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
my bike has 'metal' in it.... (looking for rock on smilie thing. .i have it somewhere.)

everyone seems to be forgetting tool, the masters of music. iam sure that many of you will agree and that tool should put their music to mtb vids

(ride)

Banned
a good song runs along the lines of hillary duff and britney spears and kelly clarkson

every chander_mate video is accompanied by an awsome soundtrak by one of these artists

lol

Dicky

Punter God
warning: post contains blatant stereotyping

mention deathmetal and I think "COOOOKIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! UMNUMNUMNUM..."

I'm not a fan of 'music' that sounds like you're driving through an industrial area at 200km/h with your head out the window - or has lyrics along the lines of "give me a fluffy bunny, so that I may simultaneously sodomise it and disembowel it with a rusty spoon.''

but hey, if someone else does like it, fair enough. Sort of.

heavy shit has a place in bike video soundtracks - but it's only one style of music amongst many.

a bike (or any action sports / extreme sports / insert other marketing term here) video filled with thrash metal comes across as "omgz0r we r so fully sik for liek doin these wikkid dropz yo do u want my autograff live fast die young run red lights and piss off ppl"

whereas a more diverse soundtrack - with some heavy stuff, some not so heavy stuff, even some chilled stuff (e.g. the Collective) seems more to say "hey, this is our sport and our lives - sure it can be dangerous and crazy, but it's just normal to us. There is some soul to this as well. We're not Pepsi Max adrenaline junkies, tripping out on caffeine and media spotlights."

At work, any bike video with too much thrash in it gets taken out of the DVD player by our manager. He's a roadie, and by his own admission has never been to a concert in his life - but it's a fair call, crush/kill/destroy music doesn't make for a comfortable retail environment.

Moshboy, if you don't like bike video soundtracks:
- Install DVD drive in computer
- Run DVD program muted
- select music as you wish from media player program of choice
- give a little more respect to the fact that most of us do like them

problem solved.

Last edited:

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
cornflake said:
the avatar says it all

i hate it. heavy metal is for goths, kids who reckon they're hardcore, and......ummm.....welll.....umm.....goths?
You have a narrow mind please open it up, I love Metal, 80's glam metal, punk and Hardcore punk I will even listen classical music or Blues music and when I say Blues I mean People like John Lee Hooker and BB. King and also some types of rap music.
But if I never here another crappy fucking techno song on an MTB DVD again it will be a good day

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
julsisere said:
Thrashy, metal crap does not in any way reflect what mountain biking is really about. It horrible.. and a majority of MTB'kers hate it. (for that reason there is quite a few shockingly horrible mtb vids on the market)

leave it for motocross. Go learn how to ride a bike, instead of dreaming of having a motor.
I'm a MTB'ker and I don't hate it

floody

Wheel size expert
konasaurus said:
I hate people that Hate metal .....

Sodom Pride

Tell me, how would the collective be as a video if they replaced it with a bunch of howling/growling Finnish metal'ers belting out unpronounceable nonsense in a homage to their greatest games of dungeons and dragons?

Shit is how it would be.

You can't make blanket statements like "all mtb videos should have gh4rdc0re sick-arse eurotrash metal".

Pete J

loves his dog
floody said:
...with a bunch of howling/growling Finnish metal'ers belting out unpronounceable nonsense...

Hey man, dont knock Finns!!!!
So what if our metal is crap!!
At least they aren't singing about lederhosen or some other shite!!! ;)

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They dont make shit music, and people blatantly stereotyping metal listeners ( and music listeners in general) need to be slapped about the face. Its all subjective, so arguing that some kind of music is more "cool for mtb riders" is completely counterproductive.

IF you want metal in a bike vid, try to get a copy of RTTH, it has simmu borgir and Metallica on it.

goes really well, too.