Music Observation

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
Why is that whenever you watch a MT'Bike, or any other extreme sport style dvd for that matter, the music accompanying it in most cases is very average to say the least??? These guys are out there pushing the limits, how about having music that reflects that. In my opinion there is only one style that meets that criteria and that is \m/ METAL \m/. I'm talking the real shit too, the likes of: Vital Remains, Lost Horizon, Children of Bodom, The Crown, Behemoth etc. I know they are probably trying to increase sales, but for me they would be better off with No music. Which is why in most instances I turn the volume down. That's my $0.02 worth anyway \m/

What does everyone else think \m/

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Rik

logged out
I think it's very subjective, and any sort of elitism in regards to musical taste is just a load of cockpulling.
For every song you don't like, there'll be people that like it. Deal with it, or show us how to do better.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Ryan said:
I hate the music you like, therefore you are wrong.
lol, gold.. I hate metal but i can see what Moshboy means by having metal alongside an 'extreme' video. Classical wouldn't suit i don't think.

nhd

Likes Dirt
i hate those wankers that horn everything \m/, what a toss.

oh yeah that was ruffff!! \m/ FUCK YEAH......

zids

Likes Dirt
i hate metal, and im damn happy they dont play that crap, because then there would be alot of people muting it, including me!

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
I hate people that Hate metal .....

Bodom Pride

this is for you nhd

\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/

cornflake

Likes Dirt
konasaurus said:
I hate people that Hate metal .....

Bodom Pride

this is for you nhd

\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/
the avatar says it all

i hate it. heavy metal is for goths, kids who reckon they're hardcore, and......ummm.....welll.....umm.....goths?

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
^^^^^^^^^^^ Hey! Look what I just found in my arse!^^^^^^^^^^

Ryan said:
I hate the music you like, therefore you are wrong.
Yeah? Well I love that you're wrong, therefore I hate the music you like.

Definitely in the running, nay, the final even, for the lamest thread ever.

zids

Likes Dirt
\m/ wow look at me im cool, its a style of music evryone, get over it, i hate it, but im not gonna get in a fight about it! still, i must say cornfalke raises a very good, and true point! - people who want to be harcore, i met a guy once who told me offspring was heavy metal, man did he think he was hard! this thread is pointless! like what you will - i dont care!

Last edited:

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Here is an idea.
Somedays I hate metal.
Somedays I hate rap.
Somedays I hate homegrown Aussie bands.

So if they made a DVD and used the language selection audio to have different music on different layers, you could customise what music you wanted to listen to, they cold dub the voice, commentary etc over the top.

The 2 flaws I see is that royalities to bands would make it unviable.
You could never get all different style of music to match the rhythm of different sections of the vid.

Maybe the boys at Blackphoenix could....

But then Josh would kill me twice for the edititing nightmare!

tomass

Likes Dirt
they need to stop putting that punk crap and more thrash/ old school metal like Pantera and Early metallica