MTV's Rock Am Ring?

blair411

Likes Dirt
Hey, just wondering if anyone has been to the Rock am Ring music festival in Germany? What did you think, where did you stay?? It's in a town called Nürburg at the race track there, about 2 hours from Frankfurt for those who don't know what I'm going on about...

I've been to some travel agencies and they recommend finding a hotel in Koblenz, just over halfway, from Frankfurt - there's a direct shuttle bus which sounds alright. If you have been, and stayed in the camping grounds, what was it like? I'm thinking hiring a van and sleeping in that would be tops, so your passport doesn't get stolen... :eek:

Also if anyone is going for next year let us know, the more english speaking people the better :)

Maurice.

Banned
my cousin went to 2001/02 i think???
something like that, i remmber him telling me that he saw limp bizkit for suren and linkin park i think??? not sure that might of been another yeh..

but he reckons that it doesnt compare to others like T in the Park which he has attended numerous times in the pst and Ozzfest which is where he is going again this year for his 6th time i think

blair411

Likes Dirt
yeah cheers, still going because amsterdam is just around the corner, and always wanted to see what germany is like :)

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Best festival ever! Don't pass this up if you can go. I remember going when Pearl Jam, Ministry, Ice Cube, Rage Against the Machine, and so many more would be there. Definitely don't miss it!

blair411

Likes Dirt
ahhh sounds good, did you stay in the camping grounds? if so is there much room, anywhere in there? i think this years had over 200,000 people, wouldn't think there'd be enough room?

anyone going next year? cheers :)

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
ahhh sounds good, did you stay in the camping grounds? if so is there much room, anywhere in there? i think this years had over 200,000 people, wouldn't think there'd be enough room?

anyone going next year? cheers :)
The campground is a drunken piss/puke fest, but it's a quite memorable one. I camped there many times (at the Nurburgring) for F1, WSBK, MotoGP, and so on. Hotels are hard to come by, if you've some mates going just camp, the music runs from early morning to late at night so there's no shortage of things to do.