Motos????? are they all that bad like ppl say they are?

jessebatty

Likes Dirt
Theres been a lot going around (well atlest the mtbers and bros that i know)
that whenver i bring up the subject about getting a motorbike they all say 'awww dont get one of them noisey things' just wondering what your thorts are on the subject, me myself prefer motorbikes better then pushbikes.

Jesse

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
that whenver i bring up the subject about getting a motorbike they all say 'awww dont get one of them noisey things' just wondering what your thorts are on the subject, me myself prefer motorbikes better then pushbikes.

Jesse
with what they tend to do by going up some tracks ripping the track to peices, destroying berm and jumps, we had a few get on rip it up and even rebuild the corners just so they could get up; it happens everywhere enough to have some people put things in the way to bunnyhop or carry their bike over to discourage them coming back, as with everything theres a good and bad side..as with the people.

kx250f

Likes Bikes

Jesse
you are just like me
it depends were you live. i love moto's and ride mine evry second i can and if you join a club and race and or find some riding parks to go to i definately would.
are you just starting out?

BJ-

Rota Imports
I love the progression of MX and i love watching it, racing and freestyle. Ive been to crusty everytime theyve come dowen under for the past 7-8 years and will continue to go every year until the sport gets boring.

But no i have no interest in doing it or getting a bike. Im a mountain biker through and through.

floody

Wheel size expert
Nothing wrong with motorcycles as long as they are used in the appropriate place, at the appropriate time.

Here's my sermon.

Bogan kids in Fubu on Chinese import minibikes at the local DJs or BMX track? B.A.D. Unregistered bikes in the bush? Bad. MX bikes in the bush? ANY moto on illegal trails? My two pet hates, BAD, WRONG, JUST DON'T F#CKING DO IT! sorry...Got carried away.

Rego'd trailbikes being ridden by licensed riders, in the appropriate place? Great!
Unrego'd bikes in closed course practise/fun/racing? Fantastic!

Right place, right time, right attitude, motorcycles are great. Get even one wrong and they're a pain in the arse for everyone except the selfish pratt aboard.

Unless you're over the legal riding age and going to own a legal, rego'd bike, then you MUST understand that unless you have your own private land, well out of suburbia, you don't just need a bike and helmet, you need an appropriate trailer/van/ute, club membership, MA or appropriate competition/recreation license, and you'll have to cop the fact that riding facilities cost money to use. IMO if you aren't fully aware of and compliant with that, you're just a dickhead on a bike, not a motorcyclist.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
i got a little peewee 50, i take it to local Dirt jumps all the time, sometimes not locals, i have been o windsor a few times on it, and to the old ivanhoe trails, when the jumps are to big, i just sit there and do burnouts on the lips.

ps. i like moto's, when i save up enough i will have a reg'd trail bike. i have enough for a bike it self, but i still cant afford liscence, reg, gear, trailer etc etc etc.

Last edited:

arpit

Banned
Floody, what's wrong with unregistered bikes in the bush? WHy register your bike if you aren't going to be riding it on roads? I'm probably going to get a moto for riding in the bush. - and it probably couldn't be registered even if I wanted to register it! (eg no turn signals etc)

Last edited:

toodles

Wheel size expert
Moto's rock. Buy one if they're you're thing but be smart about it. Ride it sensibly when you have to (and have the brains to know when you have to), and fang it when you're somewhere suitable. I've got road bikes and trail bikes and they're a barrel of laughs.

The problem with motos IMO is they're easy. Easy to ride, cheap to aquire and available to all sorts of tools. A lot of part-time riders create a bad rep and public intolerance for the rest of the motorbike community.

I don't wanna sound like a grandma, but don't bother buying a bike if you're going to whine that it's difficult to find a place to ride them, or that you get harassed by the police. It's part of the territory with owning a bike in Australia. Just be smart about it and you'll never want to drive a cage again.

sawtell

Floody, what's wrong with unregistered bikes in the bush? WHy register your bike if you aren't going to be riding it on roads? I'm probably going to get a moto for riding in the bush. - and it probably couldn't be registered even if I wanted to register it! (eg no turn signals etc)

its called rec reg mate.. two different kinds of rego, road reg and rec reg, rec reg you are restriced to riding in stateparks, bush etc, and the ajoining roads, within certain distance, road reg, means you can ride.. normal roads. plus in the bush. rec reg, doesnt need anything for it (indicators, lights).. just a functionable bike.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find that the biggest problems with moto riders are there stupidity and their lack of care.

For the past 6 weeks we have been building the Awaba state track there have been moto riders on it each week, and we are constantly told, ''oh don't worry, were going easy". Each time they've managed to ruin a part of the course requiring repairs. To think that a 100+ kilo bike with a throttle won't dig a freshly cut track up is just plain stupid.

Lack of care comes down to the morons who last week, stacked and smashed up part of the course and said to me, "oh well, YOU'll have to fix that bit".

Jetting down or up a track on a moto is fun, but how many moto riders do you see taking care of the bush tracks they ride. Sweet FA.

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jetting down or up a track on a moto is fun, but how many moto riders do you see taking care of the bush tracks they ride. Sweet FA.
this has happend to our track and we dont really care anymore cause it just puts a few more "bumps":rolleyes: on the track. we do it from time to time aswell

have any of you people saying motos are dumb actually riden one? a real nice race bike or road bike? and fanged it hardcore?...

i have riden my mates race bike and it is unreal how quick it was, it would mono pinning it till gear 4 and would just make you grin from ear to ear! and it was only a RM85 (with quiet alot of engine mods). when i get a car i wont to get a CRF250 or a YZF250 or an R1:cool:

arpit

Banned
its called rec reg mate.. two different kinds of rego, road reg and rec reg, rec reg you are restriced to riding in stateparks, bush etc, and the ajoining roads, within certain distance, road reg, means you can ride.. normal roads. plus in the bush. rec reg, doesnt need anything for it (indicators, lights).. just a functionable bike.

Is that just a Victoria thing, or an Australia wide thing?

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Atom_Lab;1051603]have any of you people saying motos are dumb actually riden one? a real nice race bike or road bike? and fanged it hardcore?...

Yeah, I ride with a couple of mates at the local motocross facility. Whats your point.

sawtell

Is that just a Victoria thing, or an Australia wide thing?
i was under the impression it was country wide thing? as when you have normal rego you can ride all over the state, why would rec reg be any different.. but i have no idea.

jessebatty

Likes Dirt
Yeah thanks for your replys........and i cant get a moto untill im 16:( cause of parents:rolleyes: but ill be ready when the time comes........3 years a couple of months:D

PEELER

Banned
Nice.motoz are the shiz.I started riding motoz about 5-6 years before i started riding mtb's then when i started dh i got out of motoz.but now i got sik of dh and im back to my beloved motoz.
so get one:D.