Most Expensive thing you've found and Returned???

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Ledgend Blt2ride- you save poor service assistants like us! Apparently I've given an extra $50 in cashout once, they've got all these records they showed me and they could pinpoint about where I lost it. Prety crazy systems they've got down at Coles. I've had to take money back sometimes from people

Me:"Whoops, too much, thankyou, goodbye"

Customer:**stares at ground** "Oh" **walks off**

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I once found a phone across the road, so I just called the guys mum (who was in the contact list) and she came and picked it up. Was a cheap phone though...

I was also in the blue mountains a while ago, and we were at some skate park (lawson? i can't remember). My friend and I were the only ones there but there was one of those really good sony mp3 phones sitting on the side.
We didn't touch it but about 1/2 and hour later the guy came and asked us if we had seen aphone, so we pointed him in the right direction.

Now has anybody here found something and NOT given it back? ;) jokes

punk_downhiller

Likes Dirt
Ledgend Blt2ride- you save poor service assistants like us! Apparently I've given an extra $50 in cashout once, they've got all these records they showed me and they could pinpoint about where I lost it. Prety crazy systems they've got down at Coles. I've had to take money back sometimes from people

Me:"Whoops, too much, thankyou, goodbye"

Customer:**stares at ground** "Oh" **walks off**
I've been that much cashout once before, but wasn't found out about it (good old maccas :p) But this man had handed me a fifty, and i got the change for the fifty, and had given the fifty back with the change. Although i didn't get caught for it, the feeling once you figure what you did, its just strange.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
1 carat engagement ring. Appeared to be flawless and was set on a platinum ring. Must have been worth an absolute bomb. Handed it into the cops. Never heard anything though.

bazza

look at me
yeah handing stuff into the cops is sus as in my books. because if its not claimed than yeah sucks heaps. i found like 20 bucks in grade 5 and i was going to buy some lunch with it than some stupid girl dobbed me in and the teacher took the money that i had found. and yeah never saw that again haha.

|Matt|

Banned
I've been that much cashout once before, but wasn't found out about it (good old maccas :p) But this man had handed me a fifty, and i got the change for the fifty, and had given the fifty back with the change. Although i didn't get caught for it, the feeling once you figure what you did, its just strange.
Ah, I bought a cd at Big W a while ago. Gave the guy a $20 note and the cd case so he could scan it.

He presents me with a bag containing my receipt detailling price, how much I paid and the change. I was also presented with my crisp $20 note as change.

Didn't think that was too bad.

But, I found a wallet in the shitter at Hungry Jacks. Borrowed $5 from it to buy myself lunch (I forgot my wallet) and when I got home I replaced it and looked through it, found an ID card and looked him up.
Didn't get anything in return though, meh. I wasn't at a loss so I didn't care.

i found a dimond in the carpet in las vegas i kept it because it was in our room so meh
but i did give back a set of car keys and a walet found in a bum bag it had tablets in it it was probly some junkies bag handed it in and never heard of it again i recon there must be some nassive werehouse somewhere like the one at the end of indiana jones of lost and found stuff

blt2ride

Likes Dirt

It's amazing how dishonest people can be--especially when given the chance to pull a fast one on someone. I've never been a cashier, but I could imagine that when the store gets crowded, it's a really tough job.

Let's face it, we've all made mistakes at work (doesn't matter what kind of work you're in), I would like to believe that someone would point out a mistake to me, before I got in trouble for it!

I guess some people feel that $50 (which is $50 this person already planned on spending) is more important than saving someone's job...karma will get a person like that!

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
I was flying down a highway footpath on a steep hill on my bike my with a crap old mp3 cranked (to drown out the trucks) and I look on the grass a see a purple von dutch rectangle and i keep crusing them slam on the front brake realising it was a phone. I went over the bars, got up, rode back up the hill, put the phone in my pocket and caught up with my mates, who were puzzled as to why i had stopped.

I showed them the phone and being teenagers they eargerly wanted me to give it to them, i looked in the phonebook and saw all these regular names, turns out it belonged to a friend of mine, which is kind of lucky considering anyone could have found it. Anyway, i returned it and she had already got some shizzle new phone, so i gave it to her and got a thankyou. Hopefully karma catches up soon.

angrygecko

Likes Bikes
Karma always catches up.. Besides, doesn't it just feel good to know you've done the right thing? There must be alot of guilty people out there walking around, feeling pretty shitty, that have been dishonest to cashiers or taken something that isn't theirs..

Do good people, and good will be done to you...