Mills and Lathes

ausdb

Being who he is
@moorey I've got a busy day at work today so no time for long posts, can converse more over the weekend. In addition to the advice on hair, make sure he's got a full face shield as a minimum and if he gets really hardcore consider a powered ventilator one as getting sensitised to dusts at a young age would really suck for the rest of your life.
I've got some bowl blanks I cut from old WA house timbers in my shed Jarrah / Karri. PM your post address and I'll see if I can send a couple unless the termites have got them.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
^ good advice. Woods like Moreton Bay chestnut and some wattles can really do you a nasty. Google before cutting and take the right precaurions.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Wears a face shield turning and a dust mask sanding. It's in an open area with a breeze, but I'm working on him wearing a mask even more. Luckily, he researches a lot, and is pretty safely conscious. NFI how I've lived to 50.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
If you're chopping down cherry ballarts I'll ride to you're house and shove my 29er up you're coit. They are slow growing and near impossible to propagate. They aren't a tree for a kid to chop down and practice on.

moorey

call me Mia
If you're chopping down cherry ballarts I'll ride to you're house and shove my 29er up you're coit. They are slow growing and near impossible to propagate. They aren't a tree for a kid to chop down and practice on.
Hell no. There are many dead ones here, trunks rotted out and fallen over.
Jumping to some big conclusions there, cobber. Felix doesn’t chop anything down.

moorey

call me Mia
You know what? I think that was a ridiculous thing to assert the more I stew on it.
Next time you want to make half cocked accusations, maybe message your concerns to me rather than pull that shit.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Hell no. There are many dead ones here, trunks rotted out and fallen over.
Jumping to some big conclusions there, cobber. Felix doesn’t chop anything down.
Bit touchy, I did say "if you are" not you're a prick for chopping them down.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Shit can you get Felix to turn me up a 34mm stanchion for a 150 fork out of one of these trees. Before anyone tells me it wont work it will, I run stans for lower lube.