Melbourne - Hail storm

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We just got hit by the worst hail storm I have ever seen in melbourne. I have some photo's of hailstones the same size as passionfruits (in the kitchen at the time)
I went outside to take in my bike, and it was going straight through our laserlite roofing on the veranda. Scary shit. Then I got my bike imside and realised they had smashed our skylight as well.
What a pain in the ass. Up on the roof putting tarps over the skylight so my kitchen doesn't flood.
Also a broken window in the bath room, but the flyscreen kept that from coming inside.

Most of the cars here are parked under cover, and are ok. A few dents in the 4wd on the streeet.

My mum tells me her car is looking pretty sorry for itself. She was stuck on the freeway with nowhere to go. My best friends car doesn't have a un-dented panel now, and his mum's focus is dented up all over as well. As well as them having 3 smashed windows and broken roof tiles and solar panels.

Share with me your damage from this afternoon.

Last edited:

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, we got hit. Not as hard as you by the sounds of it but we had hailstones the size of golf balls. Lots of the roads are more like rivers at the moment. We went for a drive and got some cool pics and a couple videos which was a bit of fun. Water was probably 1/2 a meter deep where we drove and was over that where we didn't (some people did which ended in tears)

Last edited:

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks bad. We didn't get any flooding up here, but there's shit loads of water under the house now as it runs down our front lawn and under the house.
I'm hearing about smashed windscreens and lots of upset car owners.

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
It was sooo much fun to ride in though, was out bit past Ivanhoe when we got the hail and then it set in, thankfully most of the mud was washed of the bikes as we were riding home in it all.:D

-Troy-

Likes Dirt
Yeah crazy storm! Going to be heaps of insurance claims. So many cars/houses/everything got pretty messed up.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Was riding at Camberwell Skate Park when it hit...

First hail hit and we're like, wtf, who through that, then the next one fell and we're like wtf is that... than bam, it hit hard alll offf itt... Was fucked, hurt like a cunt!!!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Was riding at Camberwell Skate Park when it hit...

First hail hit and we're like, wtf, who through that, then the next one fell and we're like wtf is that... than bam, it hit hard alll offf itt... Was fucked, hurt like a cunt!!!
That's damn funny the way you wrote that! Hope you're ok though James!:D

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im guessing alot of people are prob on the same page as me, but have you noticed how this year we have had more of a QLD weather pattern, almost a complete turn around to last years blistering heat

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im guessing alot of people are prob on the same page as me, but have you noticed how this year we have had more of a QLD weather pattern, almost a complete turn around to last years blistering heat
To me it seems more like the summers used to be with warm/hot weather with strong cool changes, that bring violent radical weather. The last few years the cool changes have been merely a strong breeze from the south...

Can't wait for more today!

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
All the cars in my court who didn't put their cars away are fucked. Our laser lights in the packyard have holes in it and out table in the backyard is smashed up we also got a hole in our kitchen window, also got a whole in one of our watertanks. Apparently a guy I knows roof collapsed. He was in carrington and had the worst hit house in the estate.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I was away for it but my boss showed me a few pictures of a wheelie bin and a whole heap of furnature floating down Elizabeth Street, past our shop.

a-line

Likes Dirt
The panel beaters will be loving this
Yeah, but panel beaters will always have work, theres always going to be some dick behind the wheel of a car. The other thing is most cars more than 10yrs old will be considered write-off's, as the cost to fix them outweighs the market value. Where iam got off pretty lightly, mainly rain but around F.T.Gully, Boronia and Rowville they got hammered.