Little Things You Love

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
I have the razr HD. Mixed experience from me, but generally good. The bad: Out of the box it didn't work. It was totally dead within 3 days of use. But motorolla replaced it pretty quick, so that wasn't terrible. From there, it has all been good. Battery life is awesome, I get 2 days from it easy as, with no power saving measures in place. It has been dropped multiple times with no issues or busted screen. It has been wet a couple of times with no issues. Big screen, very slim, looks awesome, no major complaints. Reception has been good, although I haven't taken it too far from civilization yet.
Thanks Wes. Went with a Galaxy 3 as I found it was available on the plan I was looking at.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
my experiences exactly.

about as waterproof as a teabag, to quote PoSm. having it in my pocket apparently voided the warranty for water damage.

just buy a freakin' iPhone and get over it, they work for for those who aren't geeks and do ok in a hard case for peeps who drop them regularly like me. i've cumagutsa with one in my pocket on several occasions.
Im sorry but the iphone is a joke. Shit, smaller screen, proprietry charging cord (wtf cant even use old ipod accesories), itunes, fake gorilla glass and I am the Only person I know who hadn't smashed an iphone of some sort. Not to mention that everybody I know with a 4s is now starting to have problems.

In comparo the s3 has a Massive vibrant screen, micro usb connector, its taken a dive from 2m repeatedly and no damage (is in a case), I ride with it, I take it anywhere I go and it still amazes me.

Hard cases suck also. Just need a rigid rubber one

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Im sorry but the iphone is a joke. Shit, smaller screen, proprietry charging cord (wtf cant even use old ipod accesories), itunes, fake gorilla glass and I am the Only person I know who hadn't smashed an iphone of some sort. Not to mention that everybody I know with a 4s is now starting to have problems.

In comparo the s3 has a Massive vibrant screen, micro usb connector, its taken a dive from 2m repeatedly and no damage (is in a case), I ride with it, I take it anywhere I go and it still amazes me.

Hard cases suck also. Just need a rigid rubber one
Neither suck. What you have done there is list no real features of the phone itself, just it's hardware. From your description, both phones just sit there. The main difference is in iOs. I own an S2, and can admit that iPhones are great phones too.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Neither suck. What you have done there is list no real features of the phone itself, just it's hardware. From your description, both phones just sit there. The main difference is in iOs. I own an S2, and can admit that iPhones are great phones too.
Want me to start on the user experience and software flaws on an iphone?

Hey a Nokia

Capone

Likes Dirt
Want me to start on the user experience and software flaws on an iphone?

Hey a Nokia
Little things i love

The new Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows 8

And before people start on the old chestnut of, but Andriod is the sickest and i wish Apple were my parents crap try it and then comment, you may write something completely different.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Little things i love

The new Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows 8

And before people start on the old chestnut of, but Andriod is the sickest and i wish Apple were my parents crap try it and then comment, you may write something completely different.
A mate of mine has the new htc Windows Phone and loves it. Still got 12 months on my contract but definately an option for the next phone.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Speaking of books....

we're in the process of buying a little house (which is a LTIL in itself) so I'm tightening the budget...I've just spent an hour downloading some pretty good science fiction novels, both classic and modern, for FREE. And yes, legal via Amazon to my Kindle Fire and iPhone.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
You don't think substandard hardware contributes to a substandard user experience?
Only if you require software that needs the level of hardware available in android phones (which is, in most part, superior).

I'm not saying either is better than the other. I just don't understand why sole android users are such assholes about it. Apple products fit a market and do it damn well. So do Android. If you want an Android phone, Apple aren't going to cut it for you.

LTIL. iPad mini. I never would have considered buying one, so I ended up with one for my birthday. I use it all the time in the studio now. I wrote off tablets for that purpose after trying it with an Android device.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You don't think substandard hardware contributes to a substandard user experience?
Damn straight. I got an S2 that was pretty much f***ed from the get-go. It had a battery life that you could measure in punk songs. It froze up regularly and the back cover kept on falling off. As time went by this got worse to the point where I could leave it in flight mode and the battery would still drain flat within a couple of hours. Sensing that something wasn't quite right I sent it off and was told that oh there was water damage and it wasn't covered. Nice one c**ts...

My Galaxy Tab has also had plenty of issues as well so as far as I'm concerned Samsung could suck on my knackers for an entire week whilst feeding me beer and pizza and I still wouldn't consider buying another piece of gear from them.

Also Android really needs to sort itself out in regards to address books. Stop trying to cram everybody's gmail addresses and FB accounts into it and just concentrate on remembering the f***ing phone numbers!

However, I will give most of the Android manufacturers their due for allowing external storage on SD cards. Apple could really learn from this as I am not about to go buy an iPad if i can't look at smut on it without being sprung by the missus.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Only if you require software that needs the level of hardware available in android phones (which is, in most part, superior).
What if all you require is a screen that won't shatter if you look at it too hard?

I'm not saying either is better than the other. I just don't understand why sole android users are such assholes about it.
I'm not trying to be an asshole about it. Just trying to understand those who worship at the altar of such an obviously inferior product.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Damn straight. I got an S2 that was pretty much f***ed from the get-go. It had a battery life that you could measure in punk songs. It froze up regularly and the back cover kept on falling off. As time went by this got worse to the point where I could leave it in flight mode and the battery would still drain flat within a couple of hours. Sensing that something wasn't quite right I sent it off and was told that oh there was water damage and it wasn't covered. Nice one c**ts...

My Galaxy Tab has also had plenty of issues as well so as far as I'm concerned Samsung could suck on my knackers for an entire week whilst feeding me beer and pizza and I still wouldn't consider buying another piece of gear from them.
I've never used a Samsung phone. I'm now on my 3rd HTC (upgraded the first, lost the second) and I've loved all 3. Either HTCs would have to suddenly develop an spontaneous combustion problem, or somebody would have to do a lot of convincing in order to get me to change brands at this point.

Also Android really needs to sort itself out in regards to address books. Stop trying to cram everybody's gmail addresses and FB accounts into it and just concentrate on remembering the f***ing phone numbers!
Yeah, I'm finding the way they manage contacts less than ideal.

However, I will give most of the Android manufacturers their due for allowing external storage on SD cards. Apple could really learn from this as I am not about to go buy an iPad if i can't look at smut on it without being sprung by the missus.
External storage is great. But of course Apple can't allow that, or customers might end up using their Apple device to consume content that hasn't been approved by their nannies first.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
External storage is great. But of course Apple can't allow that, or customers might end up using their Apple device to consume content that hasn't been approved by their nannies first.
It's f***ing daft.

There are no restrictions on Macs and Macbooks when it comes to the likes of flash, MKV, AVI, WMV etc and even though Apple TV won't play .MKV or .AVI files it's easy enough to transmogrify them to mp4 or whatever and it wont bat an eyelid after that.

F*** both my Macs (desktop and laptop) have SD card slots, why cant they do the same for the phones and the ipads? It's retarded!!!!!!!

If it wasn't for the fact that their gear seems to be the only electronic gadgets I own that don't shit themselves catastrophically on a regular basis, I'd tell them to get to fuck!

rone

Eats Squid
I've never used a Samsung phone. I'm now on my 3rd HTC (upgraded the first, lost the second) and I've loved all 3. Either HTCs would have to suddenly develop an spontaneous combustion problem, or somebody would have to do a lot of convincing in order to get me to change brands at this point.
Got a Velocity 4G and it's been flawless. HTC get overlooked for no good reason IMO.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
I'm not trying to be an asshole about it. Just trying to understand those who worship at the altar of such an obviously inferior product.
Fanboys/girls of either are missing the point entirely.

For most people, Apple products are just nicer to use day to day. They're not superior. They're not inferior. They're just another option. For me, they were too expensive at the time, so I went with an S2, and unlike PosM, I love mine. But for the fact that they integrate with each other so damn well, running a mac, ipad and appletv together is great for me. Native midi over wifi is also a HUGE plus for me. But that's just me.

For the record I've got a jailbroken apple tv that streams every format imaginable off any network drive.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Got a Velocity 4G and it's been flawless.
That's the last one I had, that I lost. Bloody great phone, that one. Now I've got a One XL, and it's even better*. Due as much to upgrades to Android/HTC Sense as to the hardware itself.

* I was going to wait until the new model One comes out, but five weeks is a long time.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Community.

F*** knows why I never listened to the recommendations on here before but I've finally started watching it and its an absolute pisser!

Still not sure about all the whole Alison Brie fixation though. At this stage (halfway through S1) I think I prefer the blonde one.