Little Things You Love

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Driving to work and saw a kid around 13 on a Trance riding to school, he was carving up footpath and gapping across driveways using the grass humps in between. Then he threw a whip off a ditch before stopping at the lights to cross the street.

Oh to be that age again and have a sweet dually to throw around. Sure beats the 18spd rigid Apollo with Canti’s I had. If I tried half of that I’d drop the chain and go OTB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@foxpuppet Dude it’s crazy how many kids around here have sweet trail bikes and ride them properly. Gone are the days <$1000 hardtails that don’t work, one kids on a SB6 with matching fox kit. He kills it too, little legend

Binaural

Eats Squid
Rode the Laguna Gravel Grit today, nice day out in the forest. LTIL belting down a rough fire trail at warp speed on a dually passing all the gravel grinder bikes as they carefully picked their lines. Heck, it fits into LTIL without passing anyone.
It's weird, there are quite a few countries with well-tended dirt bike paths that are perfect for gravel bikes (UK, German, Austria etc.), but Australia is surely not one of them. Beats me why you'd buy one here, unless you want something 20% more robust for commuting.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Even rail trails (at least the ones I've seen) are paved. I've done several long-distance bike rides in Europe and they are perfect there, but I've never seen a fire road here well maintained enough to be fun on a gravel bike.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even rail trails (at least the ones I've seen) are paved. I've done several long-distance bike rides in Europe and they are perfect there, but I've never seen a fire road here well maintained enough to be fun on a gravel bike.
The majority of the Gravel Grit ride was on gravel roads in great condition and for that a gravel bike would have been good. The extra work a dually with big tyres gave me was more than made up for on the descents, especially the rough one.