Little Things You Love

Knut

Troll hunter
Racing for an awesome cause

Crewing for Team Leagacy Assist. A race team designed to raise awareness for our fallen and injured soldiers. So good to be a part of it. Fast cars, good mates amazing scenery. Anyone around should come up for a look.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Isle of Man is good...... but the Irish road racing series is waaaaaaaaay better. Picture a group start on Isle of Man esq roads and you have all the ingredients of awesomeness.

Here is a snippet...
I watch a lot of loud and fast stuff and cannot get enough of TT racing. In all my time I can safely say that this is the most full on of anything. That's the limit for me, you can't beat it for balls to the wall man and machine.
I had aspirations of racing roadbikes (powered, not that pedal shit) a little while ago but realised that is wasn't as important to me as living and breathing. One click of the finger and I'd consider jumping at it though.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I finally got sick of buying crap that backpacks fall apart in six months so I splurged a few days ago and got a decent on. The difference is instantly noticeable, it actually has back support!!! along with all the other bells and whistles, laptop and water bladder compartment, it has a weird little clip thingy on the front that will come in very handy as a tether for helmets. Couldn't be happier with it.

downhillar

Likes Dirt
So in June I got a engineering graduate position to start in Jan of 2012 with a massive Australasian construction company which I thought was awesome. Then a bunch of jobs they had lined up fell through and from everyone I spoke to I was either going to have to move to the mines in QLD or go to rural NSW (Neither of which appealed to me seeing as I live in Sydney and am content with where I am).

So since June I've been stressing out over where I'll be sent, my girlfriend has been stressing out too. Today I finally got the call that I'm going to a job that I worked on in the past that's 30 minutes from home. It's only a 6 month stint there because it's almost finished but I'm just so relieved that I don't have to move rural or interstate! Thank you world!!!!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
HAhahaha. thats awesome Spike. Any chance your IP address is linked to that wiki upload?

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Walking out of your final exam for the year.
Buying the first carton of the summer holidays.
Prepping the bike for the first ride of the summer holidays.

Now to get fit again.

Knut

Troll hunter
I watch a lot of loud and fast stuff and cannot get enough of TT racing. In all my time I can safely say that this is the most full on of anything. That's the limit for me, you can't beat it for balls to the wall man and machine.
I had aspirations of racing roadbikes (powered, not that pedal shit) a little while ago but realised that is wasn't as important to me as living and breathing. One click of the finger and I'd consider jumping at it though.
Its not as difficult as you think. There is club racing all over Australia. Go down to one of the meetings and find a cat that you would enjoy racing in and work on getting the bike ready. Racing is actually way safer than it looks. The only restriction is your ability to spend money on the bike. It is expensive. There are no two ways about it.

Since we are on racing things with engines. The 240z came 20th out of 160 odd competitors last night in the Highland Targa Prologue. In front of lots of very expensive machines. The Lamborghini was only seven seconds in front. What's he got? Nothin.

kavo

Likes Bikes
Its not as difficult as you think. There is club racing all over Australia. Go down to one of the meetings and find a cat that you would enjoy racing in and work on getting the bike ready. Racing is actually way safer than it looks. The only restriction is your ability to spend money on the bike. It is expensive. There are no two ways about it.

Since we are on racing things with engines. The 240z came 20th out of 160 odd competitors last night in the Highland Targa Prologue. In front of lots of very expensive machines. The Lamborghini was only seven seconds in front. What's he got? Nothin.
Yeah its easy and cheap to start out in something like 250's or even historic 125 Grand prix racing. You can pick up even newish 125's for around 4 grand or so. And its really Safe, I came off i think about 5 times this year and the only damage was to the bike :(

OT: LTIL is having my last ever Mechanical Engineering Exam today. YEWWWWWWWWWWWW.
LTIH is having an exam today

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I've slowly been going nuts through exams, sitting at my desk all day was starting to get to me. Putting in a killer fitness session with some friends (uphill sprints with ankle weights carrying weight plates), suddenly everything is back in perspective and although I want to find somewhere to let my exhausted body die quietly, I'm actually fired up to study.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've slowly been going nuts through exams, sitting at my desk all day was starting to get to me. Putting in a killer fitness session with some friends (uphill sprints with ankle weights carrying weight plates), suddenly everything is back in perspective and although I want to find somewhere to let my exhausted body die quietly, I'm actually fired up to study.
I know exactly what you mean mate. I finished four straight days of exams on Friday, and before that it was all the study leading up to them.
I didn't have time to go on proper rides, so I just went like 5km down the road to the little pumptrack/DJ's and messed around there for an hour on some days. Made it so much more bearable, but now I'm free so slowly picking up the longer rides.

Congrats on finishing Kavo and good luck Downhillar!

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Finishing my undergraduate degree. I'm a fuckin' philosopher, bitches!

Celebrated by getting drunk, breaking into building site to climb fuckoff enormous crane and contemplate meaning of life.

Stoked.