Little Things You Love

scblack

Leucocholic
Damn you for fixing that (namelet)....was wondering how much nrl YOU had played ;)
I played league until I was 18 or so. When I was 19 I trained with the Newcastle Knights, who were then a brand new team in league. Back then Allan McMahon was coach and New Zealander Sam Stewart was captain.

There was no junior Rugby Union in those days.

Getting to look at things like this:

...and this:

I love getting to marvel at things not many others see and, at the same time, being able to understand and interpret each of them.

moorey

call me Mia
Getting to look at things like this:

...and this:

I love getting to marvel at things not many others see and, at the same time, being able to understand and interpret each of them.
That sand one in second pic is doing the rounds, but what was first one? Pyrite crystals in opal or something like that?

That sand one in second pic is doing the rounds, but what was first one? Pyrite crystals in opal or something like that?
I've seen the sand one which reminded me why, deep down, I actually like what I'm doing. The first one is a rock called Gabbro. It's viewed under polarised light which gives it the colour. The slides are cut so thin that they are typically colourless. Opal in the same conditions is generally black.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I am attempting to research the greenpeace perspective on genetically modified foods for an argumentative essay. So far, greenpeace have referenced a thesis from south dakota, a bunch of journals not in english, an unpublished document from a hungarian natural history museum and a brazillian journal that has semi-recently denied HIV causes AIDS.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
I am attempting to research the greenpeace perspective on genetically modified foods for an argumentative essay. So far, greenpeace have referenced a thesis from south dakota, a bunch of journals not in english, an unpublished document from a hungarian natural history museum and a brazillian journal that has semi-recently denied HIV causes AIDS.
Forgive me but are GM foods good or evil in their eyes?

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watched Horrorshow's acoustic gig in Brisbane last night. Got a 2nd row seat, which was still amazingly close to stage.
Man that whole group has some talent, so glad I saw them - completely worth falling behind in uni to go and see!

Oh and the laser light show on the river is also pretty spectacular.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Forgive me but are GM foods good or evil in their eyes?
According to greenpeace GM foods are the spawn of the devil. They have a borderline rabid anti-GM stance. I am happy to respect any opinion backed up by evidence and if there were GM concerns I support the precautionary principle. A bunch of other, reputable journals they referenced were referenced for the thoughts in a single sentence, taken out of context. With references like that to support their stance it is almost impossible to take them seriously and the whole thing becomes kinda funny.