Little Things You Love

rone

Eats Squid
[video=youtube;TO3a3-EGUuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=TO3a3-EGUuU&NR=1[/video]

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was introduced this mob a few days ago. Very catchy song with some quality riffs.

All round good film clip too. The girls are stunning!

[video=youtube;I83Xp7itj8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I83Xp7itj8c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

wombat

Lives in a hole
Watching some of the best drivers in the world, in some really angry sounding cars, carving up the German country side before taking an afternoon nap between the grape vines in a pretty vineyard and then watching the cars do their thing again!

And now having a few days to kill before watching other noisy cars race through the Belgian forest...

Edit: actually there's some other things I've been loving recently too:

- The fact that every town we go to around here seems to have a local beer, like proper, brewed locally, often only sold locally and generally speaking quite good. And it's cheap, like actually cheaper than buying soft drink or bottled water. Seriously.
Oh, and they're all big bottles too; anything smaller than a half litre is 'for girls or beginners'. I'm not usually a big beer drinker, but I have been lately.

- And when you've got your cheap, awesome, big beer, being able to drink it pretty much anywhere you want without being hassled. Beautiful afternoon? Go chill in the park by the river and have a drink. Walking home from the shop on a hot day? Don't wait, crack one now and enjoy the sun! Someone's birthday? Forget shitty clubs, head outside and celebrate at the feet of 'the Biggest Bitch in Bavaria' (and her lion).

- Good WRC marshals. We had some bad too, but credit to the good who can use their head and see that so long as you're not being stupid or putting yourself in danger, you can hang out and have a good time.

- Quality hot showers in campsites. Soooo good.

- Free wifi in campsites. When you have no idea where you're going, or what you're doing, a few minutes with Google can save a lot of headaches.

- In-car GPS: fuck knows where I'd be without it. Probably Greenland.

- Unlimited highways. Not to sound like a rev-head dick, but they do just make it so much easier to eat up the miles. On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of the one-and-a-half-car width village roads.

Last edited:
Watching some of the best drivers in the world, in some really angry sounding cars, carving up the German country side before taking an afternoon nap between the grape vines in a pretty vineyard and then watching the cars do their thing again!

And now having a few days to kill before watching other noisy cars race through the Belgian forest...

Edit: actually there's some other things I've been loving recently too:

- The fact that every town we go to around here seems to have a local beer, like proper, brewed locally, often only sold locally and generally speaking quite good. And it's cheap, like actually cheaper than buying soft drink or bottled water. Seriously.
Oh, and they're all big bottles too; anything smaller than a half litre is 'for girls or beginners'. I'm not usually a big beer drinker, but I have been lately.

- And when you've got your cheap, awesome, big beer, being able to drink it pretty much anywhere you want without being hassled. Beautiful afternoon? Go chill in the park by the river and have a drink. Walking home from the shop on a hot day? Don't wait, crack one now and enjoy the sun! Someone's birthday? Forget shitty clubs, head outside and celebrate at the feet of 'the Biggest Bitch in Bavaria' (and her lion).

- Good WRC marshals. We had some bad too, but credit to the good who can use their head and see that so long as you're not being stupid or putting yourself in danger, you can hang out and have a good time.

- Quality hot showers in campsites. Soooo good.

- Free wifi in campsites. When you have no idea where you're going, or what you're doing, a few minutes with Google can save a lot of headaches.

- In-car GPS: fuck knows where I'd be without it. Probably Greenland.

- Unlimited highways. Not to sound like a rev-head dick, but they do just make it so much easier to eat up the miles. On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of the one-and-a-half-car width village roads.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

WRC Deutschland is one of the best, have you gotten yourself to Nürburgring yet?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Nurburgring was on the list, but it wasn't really a priority. I would have liked to see it, but I dunno, it seems a little bit cliched or something.
I was much more keen to get to the race at Spa, the WRC was just on at the right time and place, and I've been hanging out to see another one. I'd say the Nurburgring will have to wait until next time.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I just removed the last three pages of crud. I've used all my E energy by doing that and haven't banned anyone for being a dimwit. Don't take part in it again or I'll get Lance's chemists to give me more energy and I'll go on an arse whipping spree.

Little thinsg I love: The days are getting longer!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Oh yes! The mornings are warmer and it's almost Spring! More riding for everyone. Bring it on.
The weather last weekend was sublime though I went kayaking (Pumicstone Passage from top to bottom) not riding. The only downside was lying in my tent on Sunday morning at 6:00 am knowing that it was 8C outside, that I had to get up, pack up and break my fast to be on the water at 07:00 and that my rash vest was still wet from yesterday.......................

Nurburgring was on the list, but it wasn't really a priority. I would have liked to see it, but I dunno, it seems a little bit cliched or something.
I was much more keen to get to the race at Spa, the WRC was just on at the right time and place, and I've been hanging out to see another one. I'd say the Nurburgring will have to wait until next time.
Wombat get your arse over to Nürburg on a Saturday or Sunday and drive "the ring" believe me when I say it will be better then looking at a race at Spa through a fence. If you love cars or driving cars then you shouldn't miss out on this op.
Just check on opening times before heading there.

What are you going to see at Spa anyways ? Most of the best races are done for this year.

If you have the time rally France should be on soon (if my memory serves me right) maybe hang around for that ...
What stages did you get to for rally Deutschland?

Knut

Troll hunter
The weather last weekend was sublime though I went kayaking (Pumicstone Passage from top to bottom) not riding. The only downside was lying in my tent on Sunday morning at 6:00 am knowing that it was 8C outside, that I had to get up, pack up and break my fast to be on the water at 07:00 and that my rash vest was still wet from yesterday.......................
Now that shit is waaaay cool! Thanks for sharing dude.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Morgan Freeman. Trolling.

[video=youtube;GDVvRFlex-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDVvRFlex-8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hoodies. Maligned as the #1 Universal Choice of clothing for Gangsta's, Petty Thieves and General Miscreants around the Globe, ( I believe that Jung dedicated an Archetypal Image to The Hoodie) however uber great for travelling on planes. Window shutters open for take off and landing....no problem, just activate the hood and enjoy the warm, soft, sight/sound sensory cocoon. Like to wear headphones and listen to some soothing sounds to help with the depression of being stuck on a plane and possibly being infected with SARS or Swinely Flu, then the hood, depending upon the weight of the material, doubles as an auditorium that simultaneously defeats the horrid whining by passengers who didnt receive their Vegan Meal.

By strategically placing the In Flight Pillow into the hood, you can exponentially elevate your level of In Flight Comfort.

Don't want some annoying, chatty cunt seated next to you wanting to 'share' recent anecdotes from their life's journey? Simply activate the hood and it sends a clear signal that you are tired/drunk/still coming down and do not wish to engage in small talk, nor do you want to be disturbed by the offer of a menu nor a glass of wine.Combined with sunglasses, allow's one to mentaly undress the Flight Steward and fantasise about her, and perhaps even her in the next row, a 6' x 6' plastic tarpaulin, an open fire and some baby oil, without the fear of detection.
Also very handy when you reach your destination as you can activate/de-activate the hood and instantly create your own mini climate. Better than a Beanie (who wants to look like a Scaffolder..........Bro) and offers annonimity during Operation Stealing In Flight Safety Card.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
What are you going to see at Spa anyways ? Most of the best races are done for this year.
Ahhh, only the best event on the motor racing calendar each year; the Formula One race. I'd sell someone's child on the black market to sit behind a fence at Spa to watch that. ;) Anyone got any kids they want to get rid of?