Little Things You Hate

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Phone calls from the police period turns out when I got blood test from a crash on the bike because I had a beer I've been put under some sort of DUI but he laughed when I mentioned it was on a mountain bike. Scared the hell out of me

stirk

Burner
the CHUNT that just would have crashed into me on a pedestrian crossing / intersection at around 40kmh+ had i not stopped and dismounted cause i do not trust anyone on the road anymore and havent for awhile.....
(even when im on FUCKING ZEBRA CROSSING and am highly visible and am making eye contact with the driver to make sure they see me and are going to yield)

fuckin evil self centered chunt just ignored me even though i had right of way a pedestrian crossing and give way signs to oncoming traffic(her) and she could clearly see me for at least 20metres as she sped towards the bypass onramp
....THEN fuck-knuckle DICKHEAD behind her decides 'oh well if she can disregard that cyclist with a pedestrian crossing then so can i' & blows through the sliplane and looks right through me as i stand there in disbelief waiting to cross.....FFFFFFFFUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is wrong with people??!
Probably confused the hell out of them, seeing a cyclist dismount on a crossing to walk across it would freak me out too, they'd be thinking you had a mechanical issue or something, who does that!

Still fucking sux.

Now if you had an ebike you could have chased them down to give em what for.

Phone calls from the police period turns out when I got blood test from a crash on the bike because I had a beer I've been put under some sort of DUI but he laughed when I mentioned it was on a mountain bike. Scared the hell out of me
You are a marked man, they have your number!

Nicely done
I snickered too.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Probably confused the hell out of them, seeing a cyclist dismount on a crossing to walk across it would freak me out too, they'd be thinking you had a mechanical issue or something, who does that!.
i dont stop to dismount & walk across...i stop/slow & unclip because drivers have a habit of blasting through xings and red lights and paying little regard for pedestrian whether they be walking on a bike or anything....
if i had assumed right of way and ridden straight across (such as today) i would be in hospital right now....as i saw she wasnt going to stop i pulled up stopped rolling and stood in disbelief as she just ignored me and went through her turn

ive been nearly cleaned up xing a green pedestrian light for fuck sake by a driver that was running a red light and had not even realised he had done it....
drivers are impatient inattentive fucks as far im concerned...so yeh now i wait till i see them slow their vehicle, make eye contact with them so I am 1000% certain they are prepared to stop for me to cross on the ped xing before i ride across....

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
i dont stop to dismount & walk across...i stop/slow & unclip because drivers have a habit of blasting through xings and red lights and paying little regard for pedestrian whether they be walking on a bike or anything....
if i had assumed right of way and ridden straight across (such as today) i would be in hospital right now....as i saw she wasnt going to stop i pulled up stopped rolling and stood in disbelief as she just ignored me and went through her turn

ive been nearly cleaned up xing a green pedestrian light for fuck sake by a driver that was running a red light and had not even realised he had done it....
drivers are impatient inattentive fucks as far im concerned...so yeh now i wait till i see them slow their vehicle, make eye contact with them so I am 1000% certain they are prepared to stop for me to cross on the ped xing before i ride across....
I hear you, 3 people were mowed down in Sydney the other day by a guy who simply said he wasn't paying attention. A woman died.

Unfortunately safety is a joint responsibility, had those people crossing the road been vigilant and looked right and left before crossing they could have avoided being hit. Should they have needed to? No not really, one should expect to do what the signs and laws tell them they can do but there will always be fuckers who have no idea and don't pay attention, or be arseholes on purpose.

Luckily you are one of those people who don't take your safety for granted when traveling amongst people who certainly have no regard for your safety.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Absolutely gutted, we lost Kelly Mcgarry today. Article on some nz news websites, devastating, awesome guy. Real shame.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
the CHUNT that just would have crashed into me on a pedestrian crossing / intersection at around 40kmh+ had i not stopped and dismounted cause i do not trust anyone on the road anymore and havent for awhile.....
(even when im on FUCKING ZEBRA CROSSING and am highly visible and am making eye contact with the driver to make sure they see me and are going to yield)

fuckin evil self centered chunt just ignored me even though i had right of way a pedestrian crossing and give way signs to oncoming traffic(her) and she could clearly see me for at least 20metres as she sped towards the bypass onramp
....THEN fuck-knuckle DICKHEAD behind her decides 'oh well if she can disregard that cyclist with a pedestrian crossing then so can i' & blows through the sliplane and looks right through me as i stand there in disbelief waiting to cross.....FFFFFFFFUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what is wrong with people??!
Mother fuckers! Time to get vigilant...carry a hammer. Leave an impression...

Welcome to the club...the cops have you marked...

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
My day off work.......because miss 8 decides to stay home from school and vomit all day. No ride, no shed time, no good.

Now 1:10am next day - Mr 6 decides to get out of bed and vomit all down hallway......

Edit - Mr 5 is actually 6 (my bad). All kids been shipped off to doctors....

Oh Yeah, now Mr 3 is going for gold. I now officially retire from being a dad.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
My day off work.......because miss 8 decides to stay home from school and vomit all day. No ride, no shed time, no good.

Now 1:10am next day - Mr 5 decides to get out of bed and vomit all down hallway......
Oh no, I feel for you, been there a couple of times.

I predict an update on your 'progress' soon....

Need one of these

images (3).jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I don't even have kids and got hit by that. Little miss 1 who belongs to friends we visited - super cute kid but quite snotty at the time. Whatever it was she had put me in bed for a week....

stirk

Burner
I don't even have kids and got hit by that. Little miss 1 who belongs to friends we visited - super cute kid but quite snotty at the time. Whatever it was she had put me in bed for a week....
A good gastro bout goes from one person to the next and so on till the house is flowing from all orifices within 48 hours.

All sheets, bedding clothes washed daily, nasty stuff but normally goes away within 4 days if you are clean, tummy hurts for a while longer.

No snot involved if its gastro, virus maybe?

Haakon

Ah no, not gastro thankfully! Just a vile virus, another daycare mutant strain no doubt. Just meant being hit by kiddie germs :)

Vomiting was the food poisoing we both copped a year ago - we both got hit so no one to look after the other one. That was both us spending the night lying in the hall next to the dunny hoping we'd die soon...

Haakon

Dropping off my pristine Rockshox Revelations wrapped in bubble wrap for a warranty seal replacement, and having them handed back sans bubble wrap looking like they've been sliding around the back on someone's ute, scratched and scuffed to buggery.

Seriously annoyed.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Dropping off my pristine Rockshox Revelations wrapped in bubble wrap for a warranty seal replacement, and having them handed back sans bubble wrap looking like they've been sliding around the back on someone's ute, scratched and scuffed to buggery.

Seriously annoyed.
I would be too... that would shit me to the max. I'd be ringing the man.

Haakon

I would be too... that would shit me to the max. I'd be ringing the man.
I didn't accept them back - as far as I'm concerned I don't own them anymore. You break it, you buy it. Will await to see how much brain damage is involved in getting new forks...

Who does the rockshox warrant rebuilds I wonder?