Little Things You Hate

J

JaRedy

Spent about $700 building up my first proper Freeridey hardtail and tried dirt jumping for the first time practically ever.
I haven't gotten air in a hardtail in about three years and needless to say, the sensation of being on a hardtail and riding the steep lips is so unfamiliar that I feel like im learning how to jump again from scratch. I look at the steep lips and cant at all figure out how its even physically possible to not just go straight up, let alone figure out how to judge my speed or predict what the bike will do in the air.

It's frustrating and exciting at the same time.

chidsmtnbikr

Likes Dirt
when you need a new chain guide, and you always thought is was a 32-36t guide, and you buy a 38t ring so you go on jenson usa and buy a brand new e13 srs plus for 130, to suit the chainring, i go outside remove crank, take old guide off its a 36-40 tooth guide, a 40 dollar part tree and it would have been fine. :doh:

rone

Eats Squid
when you need a new chain guide, and you always thought is was a 32-36t guide, and you buy a 38t ring so you go on jenson usa and buy a brand new e13 srs plus for 130, to suit the chainring, i go outside remove crank, take old guide off its a 36-40 tooth guide, a 40 dollar part tree and it would have been fine. :doh:
Measure twice, cut once, young Padawan.

Anarchist

Likes Dirt
Mauled guide dogs. You have to ask why anyone would allow a pit bull or three off a lead? There are no words in my vocuabulary to describe such abject stupidity.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty much everything right now. Just got given Bledisloe Cup tickets and I have to go to a mates lame surprise party instead. What are we 12?

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Iignorance. For example, My friend just absent mindedly brushed a man out of the way on her search for lollies at a servo completely oblivious to the fact that he is Jon English. I know his music and filmography isn't to everyone's taste but for crying out loud who doesn't know who Jon English is?!?

screw loose

Likes Dirt
Seeing this thread and 'Little things you Love' under one another. Hate: 488000 views. Love: 324000.

Both started by -Sean- on the same day.

What does this say about us?

Little thing I hate: Confirming that people in general are cynical and annoyed, rather than optimisitic and happy.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I view it as people venting frustration and when life is good, we sit back and admire but don't spread the word.

When I see something awesome -last night I bolted some XTR bling to my bike for the first time and it's nearing perfection. Thats a LTIL but I keep it to myself.

I haven't been sick in ages but come to a 5 day weekend with alot planned- sick as a dog. Damn right I vented my frustration lol.

Kind of like a business or product. A few bad reviews shouts over 1000's of happy customers.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Iignorance. For example, My friend just absent mindedly brushed a man out of the way on her search for lollies at a servo completely oblivious to the fact that he is Jon English. I know his music and filmography isn't to everyone's taste but for crying out loud who doesn't know who Jon English is?!?
I think more people would know him as 'Blackadder' or 'Mr Bean'

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The apps on Xbox Live. What the f**k!!!!! The whole "you must have a current xbox live gold subscription to use this app" Why the f**k should I have to pay a premium to use sites THAT ARE FREE IN THE FIRST F**KING PLACE!!!!!!!!!!