Large Shark catch and kill order WA.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Did they catch it on CCTV perhaps? Or find fingerprints?
Nah, it'll have a license plate in its stomach, just cut it open, check, no license plate, then let it go.......

All these namby pamby shark lovers ........ Stephen Spielberg people - ever heard of him?

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I think the hard part will be rounding up five others that resemble the identakit sketch for the police line up.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I'm sure the seals are eternally grateful, however the penguins will be pissed the sharks are no longer defending theirs.
Anyway, there was this penguin on holiday up at Mildura, as he drives into town on this hot day, the car overheats and he limps into the servo steam gushing out from the bonnet- mechanic says hell have a look at it, come back in half an hour.

Hot day, so as the penguin was walking past the New Zealand ice cream shop, he thinks, gee, I could do with something cool. So he buys himself a double cone vanilla ice cream, but with his flippers and beak has a bit of trouble eating it - looks a bit like a 5 yr old after eating ice cream....

Gets back to the mechanic and asks him " what's the problem?"

Mechanic replies, " looks like you blew a seal"

Penguin - " no no no,it's just ice cream"

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Anyway, there was this penguin on holiday up at Mildura, as he drives into town on this hot day, the car overheats and he limps into the servo steam gushing out from the bonnet- mechanic says hell have a look at it, come back in half an hour.

Hot day, so as the penguin was walking past the New Zealand ice cream shop, he thinks, gee, I could do with something cool. So he buys himself a double cone vanilla ice cream, but with his flippers and beak has a bit of trouble eating it - looks a bit like a 5 yr old after eating ice cream....

Gets back to the mechanic and asks him " what's the problem?"

Mechanic replies, " looks like you blew a seal"

Penguin - " no no no,it's just ice cream"
Where's the groan emoticon? :thumb:

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
what about crocs? i would like to go swimming in some rivers in the north - therefore cant we kill all the big crocs too?

indica

Serial flasher
what about crocs? i would like to go swimming in some rivers in the north - therefore cant we kill all the big crocs too?
They did that when those idiots swam the Mary River.

I hit a tree while riding once, it was big, can we cut down all the trees?

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Sharks prefer to scare their prey a bit first, it gets the shit out.
But we tend to taste a bit like pork, which is a shock and makes them spit you back out. Every one knows sharks are kosher

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Sharks prefer to scare their prey a bit first, it gets the shit out.
But we tend to taste a bit like pork, which is a shock and makes them spit you back out. Every one knows sharks are kosher
i thought they were halal? they terrorize people dont they - must be islamic

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Its not the person I thought it was, concerned it was POSM.
Nah not me mate. All my commercial diving was back in the North Sea and since the pound/dollar exchange rate flipped arse over tit, I've not worked over there for a few years now so spend most my time swinging off the ropes instead.

Speaking as somebody with a solid background in 'a bloke down the pub told me' I can say that the oft-claimed statement that 'no shark's are maneaters' is a fallacy. There are quite a few species who will quite happily go for something a bit more exotic when they're dining out. The infamous sinking of the USS Indianapolis and subsequent shark feast on the survivors is a great example.

Great Whites though are very energy-hungry and generally prefer their food to carry a lot more fat and blubber - seals and whales being particular favourites. This also puts to rest the argument that overfishing is the cause as whale and seal populations around Australia have been booming ever since we stopped hunting them. If anything the increase in food supply is bringing more Great Whites to our shores.

That said, the ocean is still their manor so it's a massive dick move on our part to go screaming for a cull whenever an unfortunate bather ends up on the menu.

Last edited:

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, awesome to see how much activity this thread has gotten in one day!

This was on the news the other night, and interestingly has been banned in Australia for some reason....

You can track the sharks tagged anywhere in the world from one website (won't find any in Aus of course though)
http://sharks-ocearch.verite.com/

My point being, if we can adopt an approach like this, surely within say 10years we will have dog a long way toward knowing where the most prominent ones are at most times.

lewis84 lewis84

Likes Dirt
Should the question be not so much if the sharks should be killed or not, but whether it can be done sustainably, not only for the shark population but also it's prey, both short and long term? No issues here with the killing of them, but it's a slippery slope to do it without solid science to back it up. It would be a sad day in this day and age to see something hunted to the brink, or beyond...
Cheers, Chris

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 4