Kids BMX

oliman

Cannon Fodder
Hey,
Thought it would be better to post this question in vets, rather than bmx. My 8 year old has a BMX and I was wondering where would be a good place to take him (based in northern suburbs melbourne) to take him for a cross country ride, or beginners bmx track (he has no experience in either)?

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
G'day Oilman,

Good on you for getting your son into riding. My suggestion is to take him somewhere for an XC ride on the flat with smoothish tracks; a mix of fire road and EASY single track works for my kids as they are learning. If it's too easy you can take him somewhere harder next time, if it's too hard it spoils the experience.
I've been taking my son (4) out on the tracks I think of as transport sections to get to the good stuff, while he's stoked to be riding in the bush with dad.
I can't offer any locations near you, but just link up some of those little tracks that exist on the edge of suburbia and you guys will have a great time.

C V

Squid
Hey Oilman,
If your after some BMX tracks, i know of 3 that might be close to you.
The Sunbury Track is on Cornish Street, Sunbury. Melways ref, 113 A8. The Northern Park track is at the end of Sycamore Street, Mill Park. ref 9 E4. Wyndham track is at Derrimut Road, Hoppers Crossing. ref 206 D3.
My pick would be the Sunbury track, nice place for beginners (maybe not the 3rd straight) plus there is a small skate park beside the track.
Hope this helps.

cjaty

Likes Dirt
I would stick to a bmx track some where,after all I think we all started on a bmx bike at one time.Last year I got my 6 year old a junior cruiser trying my best to bring him into the world of racing [apart from laps around the house on his sportsworld special]only to realise after 12 months that they will do it when there there ready.I cant wait for the time we hit some trails together not sure when that will be but I do know that bmx is the best platform for riding.