Kelly McGarry - Ride in Peace

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Thats pretty shit house news if confirmed?

Wasn't he the guy that basically flat landed the canyon jump at redbull?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Thats pretty shit house news if confirmed?

Wasn't he the guy that basically flat landed the canyon jump at redbull?
Yeah totally annihilated his bike on landing, always though how much of a cat he was able to walk away again and again. My mates brother in law (a kiwi) used to ride moto's with mcgazza, ended up quitting the mx scene after it always ended up getting way out of hand with them trying to one up each other. He figured Mtb was more sedate..... After launching himself into oblivion off a hill at about 90+ kmhr and having to learn to walk again.

Really sad news but went out doing what he loved!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Cardiac arrest, apparently.

Crazy how he survived some of those crashes with relatively minor injuries (considering how intense the crashes were), then gets done in by a health/medical issue.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Cardiac arrest, apparently.

Crazy how he survived some of those crashes with relatively minor injuries (considering how intense the crashes were), then gets done in by a health/medical issue.
Where did you read the cardiac arrest info mate?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Wow ! We think of these guys as indestructible and this happens . RIP Kelly . Balls of steel .

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
I don't know about you guys but, I felt Kelly really embraced and represented MTB in the best way possible.
He always seemed like an underdog but a major player at the same time. Perhaps it was his down to earth humility.

Ride In Peace

Ideate

I can't see where this news actually came from? It doesn't actually say WHO or HOW this mountain bike rider died. It's funny how things easily blow up considering how fast this spread online in the last 30 minutes. Pretty sick joke if it's not actually him.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know about you guys but, I felt Kelly really embraced and represented MTB in the best way possible.
He always seemed like an underdog but a major player at the same time. Perhaps it was his down to earth humility.

Ride In Peace
Doesnt look like the case unfortunately. Lots of tributes popping up on fb. Everyone is saying cardiac arrest, but also reported as a result of a crash.
Could be like the EWS death at Whistler where the guy hit a tree at speed and suffered major trauma resulting in cardiac arrest.
Either way, doesn't really seem fair.

Ride on Kelly...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Could be like the EWS death at Whistler where the guy hit a tree at speed and suffered major trauma resulting in cardiac arrest.
Either way, doesn't really seem fair.

Ride on Kelly...
Something in your heart goes, can't remember what it actually is "aortic tear or the valve" happened to a mates kid on a moto when he slammed into a tree. They reckon that they pass away peacefully when it happens. RIP

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Too many invincible people shuffling off recently (music/ bikes/ whatever)
[video=youtube_share;Ic7CeQTsCM0]https://youtu.be/Ic7CeQTsCM0[/video]
Hope Tui is holding up

jarrod839

Banned
Sad news indeed.

At least he passed away doing what he loved. And will never forget him flipping that canyon gap at rampage he definitely changed the sport that day.

R.I.P.