Judas Priest Sydney tickets drop to 60???

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Add to that Cavalera Conspiracy have been withdrawn too, unimpressed.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Not surprised after Nostradamus!

Acer arena is a pretty ambitious venue, even for Priest. I'm gambling on a freebie. Hope they don't sell out before I know for sure.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Not surprised after Nostradamus!

Acer arena is a pretty ambitious venue, even for Priest. I'm gambling on a freebie. Hope they don't sell out before I know for sure.
I love Nostradamus!
I don't think they'll sell out.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
meh, theyre getting somewhat close to it. Agreed, I dont like nostradamus but their set will be long enough to play the classics + there will definitely be enough cheese for me. Excited.

starship303

Likes Dirt
Damn !

Reading this i did a little research - seems Cavalera Conspiracy were deemed "inappropriate" for the NZ and OZ leg of the Priest tour (probably by promoters Dainty Consolidated Entertainment...nothing to do with the bands as they have toured with each other previously without a problem).

"Although CAVALERA CONSPIRACY (featuring Max and Iggor of the legendary SEPULTURA) had several amazing and successful dates with their brothers in PRIEST throughout Eastern Europe, apparently the band has been deemed too inflammatory to open for Priest in Australia and NZ."

Unfortunately i have to admit that more than half the reason i was going was to see Cavalera Conspiracy! I paid the full price for my tickets too so its a rather nice kick in the balls! :mad:

BTW if your as pissed as me about this "change" check out & sign this petition (i didn't start it, but i did sign it):
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/cavalera-conspiracy-oz-tour.html

The promoters better pull out a great support act to replace CC. I have a very bad feeling they will try to get Trivium who are in the country around the same time - saw them support Machine Head + at previous BDO and i really don't rate them, even though they were touted as The New Metallica (by themselves of course!! :rolleyes:).

Priest will still totally rock out of course, just a massive shame not to be seeing the Cavalera brothers. :(

Last edited:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Yeah, there are probably a number of local acts that are better suited to opening for JP than Cavalera Conspiracy.

Anyone else on the bill?

starship303

Likes Dirt
Yeah, there are probably a number of local acts that are better suited to opening for JP than Cavalera Conspiracy.

Anyone else on the bill?
Very true that. I did always wonder why a band such as CC were supporting the Priest. Perhaps they just dig hanging out.

Fingers crossed for a quality local metal act to pick up this spot.

I've not seen word of any other band on the tour at this stage.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Very true that. I did always wonder why a band such as CC were supporting the Priest. Perhaps they just dig hanging out.

Fingers crossed for a quality local metal act to pick up this spot.

I've not seen word of any other band on the tour at this stage.
As long as its not another Iron Maiden/Behind Crimson Eyes debacle.....

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Fuckin' front area GA sold out while I was waiting to confirm a freebie that fell through. Damn it.

I'll just have to console myself with the less crowded and probably better sounding rear GA.

Acer Arena sucks.

Dicky

Punter God
Just rang Acer.

Sydney gig:

Support act 1: Electric Mary

Support act 2: to be confirmed (just quietly, it's Tuesday already)

then Judas Priest

Last edited: