jono_kona bad trade.

d_j1

Likes Dirt
Folks I'm starting this thread for a few reasons. The first is hopefully to shame aforementioned person into action and secondly to warn people about trading with said person and to prompt other people to reply with similiar situations and/or solutions. A few months ago now I paid in full for a wheelset of jono_kona. The wheels were described to me via PM as being 150x12 and bolt up. When I received them they were 135 and quick release, and I only received the rear wheel at that. I then just asked for my money back, was refused and have been hassling him ever since with no reply. The reason I write this so late is because I wanted this to be my very last course of action as I don't feel it's right to public "shame' someone, for want of a better word, unless nothing else works. Now I hope that in reading this jono, you will do the right thing or one of his mates will have a word in his ear. Also I don't want to hear any "trading is a risk, go have a cry" comments because that's no help.

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate

bad luck about the wheels and the lack of communication, you should post this in the "site problems/suggestions' hell get more shamed there than in this thread.

my 2 cents

d_j1

Likes Dirt
Yeh I was thinking that, but I've already brought up to the attention of the Mods so it's not really a site problem anymore. Just looking for peoples opinions and hopefully shaming!!

Rutter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bad trade

Yes i agree name and shame, Ive had the same thing happen to me with Scott_D over an sdg seat i have never received, after it was paid for.

his shop where he works "pedals pluss monovale" is also of no help when trying to get in contact with him.

he is still on the forums but never replies to pm's or anything, and when contacting the shop they dont reply and would not help with the matter

even though it was only $40, it is still $40 out of my pocket

thompo

Likes Dirt
Well if you agreed to a deal on the actual items he described then he should be sending that exact item.

I think you're right to shame him. I would.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Having just read the Ben Conway artical in the 'Lost/Found/Stolen' Section, I even more aware of the risks involved in Internet Trading....

If you did not recieve the items as described in the ad, you are well within your rights to ask for a refund, or at very least, an explination.

Maybe try contacting one of his friends or something...

Good luck mate

KD#23 dh rider

Likes Dirt
hey guys, dont go ape shit at me, but i have done trading with the said person, on a few occasions, and never had a problem, always had stuff arrive promptly and never received anything wrong.

is it possible that maybe there was a problem or accidental mix up of gear?

i guess we should atleast give the guy a chance to tell his side of the story first.

Gemini

Squid
Shame, shame, shame.

Name and Shame! A mate of mine on here (poridge) had the same sort of issue a coupla years ago with someone here. Paid for some brakes and then the guy (bire, now banned) disapeared for 4weeks. After the name and shame, a couple of other threads about him, threats, help from the mods etc he finally answered with "been busy" crap. It finally took about 2 months to sort it out. Publically out them for the cheating cowards ther are! We (Farkiners) are suposed to be a 'comunity' so why tolerate anti-comunity behaviour!

sir_stacks_alot

Likes Dirt
what a prick i had the same problem with this guy sold he some brakes said they needed bleeding so a took them to the shop and they said the were broken and are to old to be bleed or somthing i will try another shop and see what they say

d_j1

Likes Dirt
hey guys, dont go ape shit at me, but i have done trading with the said person, on a few occasions, and never had a problem, always had stuff arrive promptly and never received anything wrong.

is it possible that maybe there was a problem or accidental mix up of gear?

i guess we should atleast give the guy a chance to tell his side of the story first.
Yeh I know what you're saying mate, he had all positive iTraders and over 30 sales, which is why I was not hesitant about trading. I've done multiple other trades and dealt with nothing but awesomeness which is why this pissed me off. And I went back and checked and double checked PM's and it was definitely a 150mm. And I can tell between a 135 and 150mm wheel! And yes I would like an explanation too as he has not had the guts to return any but my very first call and even then I pretty much just got a f**k you.

KD#23 dh rider

Likes Dirt
Yeh I know what you're saying mate, he had all positive iTraders and over 30 sales, which is why I was not hesitant about trading. I've done multiple other trades and dealt with nothing but awesomeness which is why this pissed me off. And I went back and checked and double checked PM's and it was definitely a 150mm. And I can tell between a 135 and 150mm wheel! And yes I would like an explanation too as he has not had the guts to return any but my very first call and even then I pretty much just got a f**k you.
yeah, well obviously he is in the wrong, and im sure everyone will continue to beleive so until he shows up on here to explain himself...and no i wasnt saying you couldnt tell the difference between the two wheels...i was just suggesting maybe there had been a mix up :eek:

randy spangler990

Likes Dirt
You couldn't mix up 2 wheels and 1 wheel and also QR and Boltup you would have to be a dislexic idiot (no offence to any dislexic people)
Yep just get his friends onto him.:)

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
mmmmm i think i have him on my msn, well i have a jono, from farkin who lives in geelong, and a few of my mates are mates with him.. he comes to my area a fair bit,.. if it is the same guy i am thinking off.. next time i see him i will give him a wording.. and i mean wording. no bashing.. yet

V10

Likes Dirt
Yep name and shame i say. Even if it dosnt get you a solution. It warns the rest of us not to deal with the wanker.